- Woodruff Academy (WA) is an academic pace-setting private school located in sunny Central Florida.
- WA's students commonly commute by parent-provided transportation to the comfortable Winter Park, Florida campus from neighboring communities and cities.
- Our campus students attend classes five days each week.
- Additionally, we also register correspondence students through WA`s home study courses. Woodruff Academy is unique in that families enrolled understand the importance of daily study of the Holy Scriptures as a family manual and regular devotion to God.
- As a private Christian school, WWA holds that the family is ordained of God and marriage is between a man and a woman.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Call and inquire regarding availability|
|Total Students||59 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|Advanced Courses||We the Florida Virtual School for the AP courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Shirts with ties for boys and blouses with jewelry for girls.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||VPK/Pre-K = Free Kindergarten = $5100 1st-5th = $6100 6th-12th = $8666 Step-up-Scholarships accepted McKay Scholarships accepted|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ms. June Woodruff Sullivan|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Dance, Flag Football, SwimmingBasketball, Bowling,
Dance, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Band, Monthly Field Trips, Monthly Service Projects Art, Band, Monthly Field Trips,
Monthly Service Projects,
- Woodruff Academy (WA) is an academic pace-setting private school located in sunny Central Florida. WA's students commonly commute by parent-provided transportation to the comfortable Winter Park, Florida campus from neighboring communities and cities. Our campus students attend classes five days each week. Additionally, we also register correspondence students through WA`s home study courses. Wilford Woodruff Academy is unique in that families enrolled understand the importance of daily study of the Holy Scriptures as a family manual and regular devotion to God. As a private Christian school, WWA holds that the family is ordained of God and marriage is between a man and a woman.
Profile last updated: 06/03/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
OrlandoGrades: NS-12 | 1153 students
2667 Bruton Blvd
Orlando, FL 32805
Lake MaryGrades: PK-6 | 123 students
3551 W Lake Mary Blvd Ste 205
Lake Mary, FL 32746
LongwoodGrades: NS-12 | 484 students
1675 Dixon Road
Longwood, FL 32779
SanfordGrades: PK-12 | 139 students
2626 S Palmetto Ave
Sanford, FL 32773
Altamonte SpringsGrades: K-12 | 252 students
601 Palm Springs Drive
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Woodruff is a great school. The kids love it just as much as the parents. The families there are all great. You really can tell that the teachers care about your child and their progress. I plan to have my children there until the end of their school days.
- Posted by Parent - ast.r
I have been associated with Woodruff Academy and Ms. June Sullivan, administrator, for more than 20 years. Each of my four children has attended and participated in the program. I have taught classes for the students and have enthusiastically volunteered my time and talents to assist in providing the very best educational environment for these students. They deserve it. I have watched June Sullivan focus on an unwavering vision that students grow and develop best within a Christian environment that unabashedly teaches the importance of love and respect and civility and honor in keeping commitments. I encourage you to give serious consideration to the quality programs, small classes, and Christian environment you will find at Woodruff Academy. It will be a financial sacrifice for many of you but if you would invest in anything of value, invest in your children. Nothing of value is easy. But you will look back with gratitude that you had the courage and foresight to choose the road less traveled and it will have "made all the difference." I know.
- Posted by Parent - mille
I recommend Woodruff Academy highly. The teachers are caring and my kids are very excited about school. I have 3 teens that love to go to school everyday. There are lots of electives such and band, martial arts, theater and more. The kids are challenged in academics as well. Send you kids to Woodruff Academy you will be happy you did.
- Posted by Parent - ast.r