Top Florida Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2,403 top private schools in Florida, serving 397,100 students.
- The average private school tuition is $7,885 for elementary schools and $9,407 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 87% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 41% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
Osceola Christian Preparatory School Photo - Our children are a blessing to this school! We work towards the success of each individual student and cater to their academic, spiritual, and emotional growth.
St. Barnabas Episcopal School Photo - Our mission is to challenge each student in a supportive environment that promotes academic excellence, sound moral values, and high self-esteem within a framework of God's love.
Oxbridge Academy Photo - Oxbridge Academy provides passionate educators, endless opportunities, and a commitment to help students build the skills and confidence they need to build success for a lifetime.
Sweetwater Episcopal Academy Photo - Canoeing is part of the PE curriculum at Sweetwater Episcopal Academy. We take full advantage of the fact that our campus is located on a beautiful lake!
Jacksonville Country Day School Photo - Jacksonville Country Day School offers a challenging and innovative curriculum tailored to your child's age and ability levels.
Palmetto Bay Academy Photo - PBA students get just-in-time, one-on-one attention from teachers to complete assignments and investigate content through a flipped instructional model.
Top Florida Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 32 Schools4,814 Students22% Minority
- 1 Schools69 Students- Minority
- 14 Schools1,295 Students42% Minority
- 5 Schools758 Students10% Minority
- 80 Schools9,984 Students27% Minority
- 223 Schools48,833 Students46% Minority
- 11 Schools1,121 Students22% Minority
- 7 Schools1,181 Students13% Minority
- 25 Schools2,780 Students14% Minority
- 31 Schools4,292 Students15% Minority
- 9 Schools769 Students15% Minority
- 2 Schools129 Students36% Minority
- 1 Schools75 Students17% Minority
- 164 Schools29,554 Students33% Minority
- 29 Schools4,733 Students21% Minority
- 5 Schools999 Students17% Minority
- 2 Schools54 Students17% Minority
- 2 Schools522 Students21% Minority
- 2 Schools196 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools38 Students94% Minority
- 1 Schools10 Students20% Minority
- 5 Schools298 Students42% Minority
- 4 Schools42 Students22% Minority
- 5 Schools372 Students42% Minority
- 12 Schools1,976 Students17% Minority
- 9 Schools860 Students56% Minority
- 152 Schools25,437 Students33% Minority
- 2 Schools80 Students4% Minority
- 13 Schools1,788 Students15% Minority
- 4 Schools279 Students24% Minority
- 1 Schools333 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools100 Students7% Minority
- 36 Schools5,324 Students33% Minority
- 49 Schools7,474 Students22% Minority
- 43 Schools5,766 Students30% Minority
- 4 Schools311 Students16% Minority
- 2 Schools72 Students67% Minority
- 5 Schools399 Students41% Minority
- 32 Schools4,561 Students26% Minority
- 36 Schools5,458 Students29% Minority
- 8 Schools1,759 Students25% Minority
- 469 Schools81,509 Students80% Minority
- 8 Schools932 Students28% Minority
- 8 Schools983 Students5% Minority
- 11 Schools1,692 Students19% Minority
- 5 Schools553 Students16% Minority
- 187 Schools33,219 Students45% Minority
- 32 Schools5,495 Students74% Minority
- 147 Schools29,368 Students24% Minority
- 38 Schools4,274 Students25% Minority
- 115 Schools19,356 Students19% Minority
- 66 Schools9,997 Students31% Minority
- 7 Schools651 Students18% Minority
- 26 Schools3,275 Students14% Minority
- 24 Schools4,465 Students41% Minority
- 7 Schools1,286 Students26% Minority
- 39 Schools6,079 Students9% Minority
- 64 Schools10,056 Students30% Minority
- 3 Schools106 Students49% Minority
- 6 Schools551 Students19% Minority
- 3 Schools283 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools27 Students- Minority
- 55 Schools7,033 Students32% Minority
- 1 Schools137 Students- Minority
- 9 Schools493 Students8% Minority
- 2 Schools362 Students15% Minority
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.