Saint Andrew's School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (561) 210-2020
- Saint Andrew`s School is a nationally recognized junior kindergarten (pre-k) through grade 12, day and boarding, college preparatory school in Boca Raton, Florida, in southern Palm Beach County. We offer a rigorous, private school curriculum that fosters creative thinking, opportunities to achieve balance, and experiences that build strong character. We are delighted to serve students from over 40 countries of multiple faiths and cultures. Saint Andrew's School was voted the Best Private School in Palm Beach County in 2019 by the readers of the Palm Beach Post.
Saint Andrew's School places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- ACT Score Highest average ACT score
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- AP Courses Most AP courses offered
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||1,316 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||180 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||28 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1220|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Average Percentile SSAT||56%|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniforms in JK-8 and dress code in Upper School. )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Junior Kindergarten (Pre-K 4) $25,020 Day Students - Lower School (K-5) $28,960 Day Students - Middle School (6-8) $32,880 Day Students - Upper School (9-12) $35,260 Boarding Students - Upper School (9-12), includes tuition, room and board $61,530|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$21,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Alexandra Tolischus|
|Admissions Associate||Adena Shriner|
|Endowment Size||$20 million|
|Total Sports Offered||19 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, WrestlingBallet, Baseball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Water Polo,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Cum Laude Society, Fair Trade Club, Model Congress, Model UN, Mu Alpha Theta (Math Honor Society), Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship, Robotics Team, Round Square, Science National Honor Society, Spanish National Honor Society (Sociedad Honoraria Hispanica), Student Ambassadors, Student Council
- Our academic curriculum includes 46 Honors level courses, 24 Advanced Placement (AP)offerings, and the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme.
- At Saint Andrew's School, we are proud to offer 19 different sports and 65 different teams between our High School and Middle School including swimming, tennis, and soccer.
- We are quite proud that 86% of the senior class was admitted to a U.S. college ranked as"Most Competitive" or "Highly Competitive" in the 2019 Barron`s Guide to Colleges. Over 70 students reported earning more than $10 million in merit-based scholarships from different colleges and universities.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SA is undoubtedly one of the very best schools in the country. Best teachers, best staff, best food, best curriculum, best labs, best sports facilities, great extracurricular activities and the arts, academic awards and achievements over the years, the list goes on and on. I lived on this campus for 9 years. It's just....the best of the best!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Kevin "Kobbie"
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.