The Benjamin School
- At The Benjamin School, we see a multitude of talents in each child and join with parents to discover, nurture, apply and celebrate each student`s unique gifts.
- Beginning with our 3-year-old program and continuing through Upper School, we offer a wide range of possibilities for students across broad horizons.
- In addition to our strong academic program, the School encourages involvement in the visual, performing and creative arts and in a robust athletic program.
- Each year, 100% of our seniors are accepted into many of the nation`s most prestigious colleges and universities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Support is provided for all students to succeed within The Benjamin School's college-preparatory curriculum including students with learning differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Summer program costs begin at $150 and vary based on activity and duration.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||1081 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||143 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||25 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Comparative Government, Computer Science, Computer Science Principles, Drawing, European History, French Language, Human Geography, Language and Composition, Literature and Composition, Macro Economics, Mandarin Chinese, Micro Economics, Music Theory, Photography, Physics, Psychology, Spanish Language, Statistics, Studio Art, U.S. Government, U.S. History,|
|Average SAT score||1270|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(uniform - khakis and uniform shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $11,450 to $30,650 for the 2019-2020 school year.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,691|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mary Lou Primm|
|Admissions Associate||Cherie Fromson|
|Endowment Size||$15 million|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Over 35 Clubs/Organizations|
- Children begin their educational journey in Benjamin`s Lower School, Grades PK3-5. In core academic subjects, as well as in art, music, world languages and physical education, faculty focus intensely on children`s individual talents-encouraging them to be the best version of themselves. In the classroom and on the playground, we help students develop their individual voices so that they learn to advocate for themselves.
- Benjamin`s Middle School, encompassing grades 6 through 8, is a comprehensive experience academically, athletically and artistically. Our dedicated faculty facilitates a culture of success. Through a wide range of interdisciplinary projects, class trips and extra-curricular clubs and sports, students learn to work both independently and on teams.
- The Benjamin School offers the quintessential Upper School experience for students in grades 9 through 12, with a plethora of opportunities in the classroom, on the playing field, in the studio and on the stage. Students are encouraged to explore the full range of their talents, developing their passions as well as exploring new interests and outlets. Upper School unquestionably prepares students for the demands of college and the rigors of 21st-century careers and citizenship. Students graduate as well-rounded individuals who are equal parts independent, collaborative, fearless and self-directed.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Both of my children attend The Benjamin School and we couldn't be happier there! Excellent, nurturing teachers, academic excellence, beautiful campus, happy kids - worth every penny!
- Posted by Parent - Jay
We love The Benjamin School. Small classes, incredible faculty and staff. Dedicated to a whole child approach with arts, sciences, technology, music, languages, athletics, character development and more. I understand that over $2M was given in financial aid last year for those who qualify.
- Posted by Parent - TBSParent
My daughter has been at Benjamin for 6 years and has one year of Middle School left before she will attend the Upper School. Benjamin has given her safe and happy environment to become her own person. Her teachers are available for extra help if needed. The skills classes with emphasis on bullying, drugs, social media etc staring in grade 4/5 are excellent. Athletics are required for one sport and build friendships thru grades 6-8. I cannot imagine my daughter at any other school.
- Posted by Parent - Liz