The Benjamin School
- At The Benjamin School, we see a multitude of talents in each child and join with parents to discover, nurture, apply and celebrate each student`s unique gifts.
- Beginning with our 3-year-old program and continuing through Upper School, we offer a wide range of possibilities for students across broad horizons.
- In addition to our strong academic program, the School encourages involvement in the visual, performing and creative arts and in a robust athletic program.
- Each year, 100% of our seniors are accepted into many of the nation`s most prestigious colleges and universities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||1081 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||143 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||23 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Comparative Government, Computer Science, English Language, English Literature, European History, French Language, Human Geography, Macro Economics, Mandarin Chinese, Micro Economics, Music Theory, Photography, Physics, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statistics, Studio Art, U.S. Government, U.S. History|
|Average SAT score||1270|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(uniform - khakis and uniform shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1|
|Tuition Notes||The tuition range for the 2016-2017 school year is $7825- $28200|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,691|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mary Lou Primm|
|Admissions Associate||Cherie Fromson|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Over 35 Clubs/Organizations Over 35 Clubs/Organizations,|
- Children begin their educational journey in Benjamin`s Lower School, Grades PK3-5. In core academic subjects, as well as in art, music, world languages and physical education, faculty focus intensely on children`s individual talents-encouraging them to be the best version of themselves. In the classroom and on the playground, we help students develop their individual voices so that they learn to advocate for themselves.
- Benjamin`s Middle School, encompassing grades 6 through 8, is a comprehensive experience academically, athletically and artistically. Our dedicated faculty facilitates a culture of success. Through a wide range of interdisciplinary projects, class trips and extra-curricular clubs and sports, students learn to work both independently and on teams.
- The Benjamin School offers the quintessential Upper School experience for students in grades 9 through 12, with a plethora of opportunities in the classroom, on the playing field, in the studio and on the stage. Students are encouraged to explore the full range of their talents, developing their passions as well as exploring new interests and outlets. Upper School unquestionably prepares students for the demands of college and the rigors of 21st-century careers and citizenship. Students graduate as well-rounded individuals who are equal parts independent, collaborative, fearless and self-directed.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Delray BeachGrades: PK-12 | 1400 students
6200 Linton Blvd.
Delray Beach, FL 33484
- Palm Beach GardensGrades: K-12 | 52 students
10435 Riverside Drive
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
- West Palm BeachGrades: 9-12 | 688 students
512 Spencer Dr
West Palm Beach, FL 33409
- Boca RatonGrades: PK-12 | 1264 students
3900 Jog Road
Boca Raton, FL 33434
- West Palm BeachGrades: NS-12 | 1195 students
8401 Belvedere Road
West Palm Beach, FL 33411
My daughter has been at Benjamin for 6 years and has one year of Middle School left before she will attend the Upper School. Benjamin has given her safe and happy environment to become her own person. Her teachers are available for extra help if needed. The skills classes with emphasis on bullying, drugs, social media etc staring in grade 4/5 are excellent. Athletics are required for one sport and build friendships thru grades 6-8. I cannot imagine my daughter at any other school.
- Posted by Parent - Liz