Cardinal Newman High School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (561) 683-6266
Cardinal Newman High School Photo #4 - All our students complete 25 hours of community service throughout the year. They volunteer in our local communities!
- The 2020-2021 school year marks Cardinal Newman High School`s sixtieth year providing a college preparatory, Catholic education in Palm Beach County. Cardinal Newman offers a challenging and varied curriculum that includes an International Baccalaureate (IB) program, Advanced Placement (AP) courses, Dual Enrollment credits, Honors and Regular College Preparatory level classes along with a Learning Strategies Program to assist students with extra support.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||544 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,500|
|Tuition Notes||Discounted Catholic Rate: 14500|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Founded in 1961, Cardinal Newman is a premier, Catholic college preparatory high school in West Palm Beach. It has a rich tradition of attracting gifted scholars, athletes, and artists who will become women and men of character, faith, and intellect. Newman`s coeducational environment allows students to grow and develop in a safe and communal setting. Every classroom promotes collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking and each student receives the support required to achieve his/her personal best. Among our 12,000 graduates have been war heroes, police chiefs, physicians, musicians, authors, researchers, politicians, lawyers, professional athletes, teachers, entrepreneurs, priests, and community leaders. Each Newman graduate is empowered with the ability to rise to every challenge and overcome every obstacle.
- Teacher/student ratio of 1:11
- Average class size of 20
- Over 100 athletic championships since 1961.
- 22 teams in 14 sports
- Extra-curricular activities that include theater, music, and art
- 100% college placement at colleges throughout the state of Florida and across the nation.
- Over $10 million in college grants and scholarships awarded to the Class of 2019.
- The lowest tuition among comparable private schools in the area.
- Our students provide over 44,000 hours of community service annually.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Palm Beach Grades: PK-12 | 720 students
8350 Okeechobee Blvd
West Palm Beach, FL 33411
(561) 798-9300 5.2 PK-12
Our son, a non catholic, graduated several years ago. He was well prepared for college which he completed in four year. The faculty is dedicated and keeps a watchful eye on your child. Great School.
- Posted by Parent - Happy Parents
As happy as I am to see my Senior graduate, I am going to miss this school.
- Posted by Parent - Happy Senior Parent
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?