5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (561) 972-9826
Oxbridge Academy Photo #2 - Our students receive individualized help through all parts of the college admission process, from evaluating colleges to preparing applications to making the selection that's right for them. Throughout the process, Oxbridge counsels parents on what to expect and provides resources for financial aid and scholarships. Oxbridge students attend colleges such as Brown, Columbia, Duke, Harvard, Princeton, Vanderbilt, and Yale.
Oxbridge Academy Photo #3 - One of our founding values is to model kindness, courtesy, and awareness of self and others. Whether through a class, athletic team, or club, our students are meaningfully engaged in the community. Students learn how to build relationships based on trust, respect, consideration, and inclusion-- kindness becomes an intrinsic part of who they are.
Oxbridge Academy Photo #4 - Oxbridge Academy was intentionally designed to inspire and nurture student inquiry, collaboration, innovation, and self-discovery. It offers students the latest technology to problem solve, create, and collaborate with many of the leading corporate and cultural institutions around the world.
Oxbridge Academy Photo #5 - Oxbridge Academy provides passionate educators, endless opportunities, and a commitment to help students build the skills and confidence they need to build success for a lifetime.
Oxbridge Academy Photo #6 - One of the foundations of an Oxbridge education is hands-on learning. The school's Signature Programs - Cambridge Scholars, Novel Writing, Aviation, and Independent Research - imbue this philosophy of teaching.
Oxbridge Academy Photo #7 - The Oxbridge Academy Performing Arts Department offers courses in theater, vocal, instrumental music, digital music, and dance. Whether students are working behind the scenes or putting their passions on display for the world to see, Oxbridge Academy helps students tap into their creative potential.
Oxbridge Academy Photo #8 - The Oxbridge Academy Visual Arts department offers a wide range of 2D and 3D courses including drawing, painting, sculpture, woodworking, digital art, and photography.
Oxbridge Academy Photo #9 - The Athletic Department is an integral part of the total educational process at Oxbridge Academy. Being involved in athletics provides students with opportunities to develop leadership skills and to learn the ideals of fair play and ethical behavior, which are necessary for competition and cooperation in our society.
Oxbridge Academy Photo #10 - The Health and Wellness Department is committed to the promotion of healthy living as well as the prevention of injury and illness. The goal of the department is to promote the health and well-being of students and staff in order to allow them to be more productive, safe, and health-conscious. The department is comprised of different medical, healthcare, and fitness.
- Oxbridge Academy offers a unique hands on approach to education that challenges students to learn by doing, and builds the skills and confidence they need to succeed for a lifetime.
- Our mission at Oxbridge is to inspire wisdom through learning in an environment that fosters inquiry, collaboration, innovation, and personal discovery.
- With one-hundred percent of our students accepted to four-year colleges, Oxbridge graduates have the ability to meet the challenges and opportunities of the future in life, business, and world citizenship.
- Equally important to the school's mission is our cultivation of a culture of kindness that pervades our community.
- Oxbridge offers small class sizes and a teacher student ratio of 9:1.
- Oxbridge is a place where our students genuinely like going to school, where they are respected for the unique individuals they are, and where participation in extracurricular activities in visual and performing arts groups, on athletic teams, and through service organizations further defines their social experience.
- Two Seniors Named National Merit Scholar Semifinalists - 11/03/2020 - Congratulations to seniors Marts Purins and Carter Stewart, who were named National Merit Scholar Semifinalists! This prestigious award is given to only 16,000 out of 1.4 million high school seniors ...moreand is based on their academic skills and accomplishments. We couldn't be more proud of the achievements of Marts and Carter! hide
- Oxbridge Alumna Presents at Conference - 11/03/2020 - During her junior and senior years at Oxbridge, Blake Willson, '20, worked on a research project in partnership with the Wyoming Dinosaur Center under the guidance of Oxbridge science teacher ...moreBen Matzen. Last month, Blake was invited to present at the annual meeting of the Society of Vertebrate Paleontology. Blake presented (virtually) alongside scientists from all over the country, an impressive accomplishment for a student in her first year of university. Mr. Matzen co-presented with Blake. The research for the project began in the summer of 2018, when Mr. Matzen, Blake, and her classmates, took part in a fossil excavation at the Wyoming Dinosaur Center. This collaborative project is an example of the broad, deep, and custom curriculum Oxbridge offers its students. The Independent Research Signature Program is available to all Oxbridge students. Congratulations, Blake! Click HERE to see Blake's research project. hide
- Oxbridge Wins Award for Institutional Excellence in Education - 11/03/2020 - At an event last night, Oxbridge was awarded Palm Beach Illustrated magazine's 2020 Award for Institutional Excellence in Education. Each year schools are allowed to submit a proposal to be ...moreconsidered as a finalist for one of three awards. This was our second year being chosen as a finalist. Once selected as a finalist, the public votes for the top program or individual. We tied with Pahokee Middle School for this year's award for Institutional Excellence. Thank you to everyone who voted for us over a three-week period. Talk about school spirit! We received thousands of votes! There were many amazing programs presented last night and many talented educators at the event. We are honored to be recognized among our peers in education and by the thousands of people in the community who voted for us.
This award would not have been possible without our amazing staff and faculty who, every day, share their talents, commitment to excellence, passion, and so much more with our students and their coworkers. It's been a challenging year for educators, yet despite the obstacles we face with COVID-19, we have demonstrated that Oxbridge continues to offer outstanding educational opportunities to so many students in our community. hide
Oxbridge Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||470 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||62 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1220|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki or navy pants, shorts, and skirts. Oxbridge Academy Uniform shirt.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$34,800|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes: textbooks, learning support services, math center, writing & reading center, college counseling services, breakfast, lunch, and snacks.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$24,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Associate||Christine Marino|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Equestrian, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Equestrian,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||70 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
After Oxbridge, Autism Coalition, Ballroom Dance Club, Bandages Across Boarders, BE Dance Team, Book Club, Brain Bee Team, Cancer Awareness Club, Chess Club, Chinese Music Club, Current Events Club, Ethics Bowl, Fashion Club, Feeding America, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Film Appreciation, Fishing Club, French National Honor Society, Game Club, Green Club, GURLS Up Club, Habitat for Humanity Club, Handball Club, Harry Potter Club, Improv Club, International Thespian Society, Investment Club, Key Club, Libcon Club, Math Club, Mental Health Awareness Club, Mini Ball Club, Model United Nations, N.O.W. of Oxbridge, National Honor Society, National Organization for Women, Natural Sciences Club, Oxbridge Cycling Club, SAGA (Straight and Gay Alliance), Science National Honor Society, Sewing and Art Club, Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica (SHH), Speech and Debate, Student Government Association, Student Investment Club, Surfing Club, Tri-M Music Honor Society, Ukulele and Guitar Club, Veterinary Club, Women in STEM
Arts and Music Programs:
Acting, Ceramics, Chorale, Dance Foundations, Dance Repertory, Digital Graphic Design, Digital Music, Drawing, Jazz Ensemble, Mixed Media Sculpture, Motion Graphics Animation, Musical Theatre, Painting, Photography, Rock & Contemporary Ensemble, StagecCraft, Studio Recording & Production, Videography, Winds & Percussion Ensemble, Wood & Metal Working
- Our Teaching Philosophy. We teach what's worth learning, now and for the future. Building on a solid foundation in the core academic disciplines, the Oxbridge curriculum goes beyond, integrating the arts, athletics, wellness, service, and hands-on learning in a multidimensional educational experience. Oxbridge graduates take responsibility for their learning and carry these habits of mind and character with them through college and beyond.
- Expert Faculty. With 77% of Oxbridge faculty holding a master's degree or higher, including 16% with doctorates, our teachers are true experts in their subject matter. Some are career educators, while others were once professionals in their fields. Our dedicated and engaging faculty inspire creative, innovative, and critical thinkers.
- Personal Discovery through Guided Choice. Our education begins with options. Students are encouraged to explore who they are and what they love through an array of over 170 distinct courses, 40+ clubs, 30+ competitive sports teams, extensive performing and visual art offerings, faculty-supervised research, and Oxbridge's three signature programs: Aviation, Cambridge Scholars, and Independent Research.
- Hands-On Learning. Oxbridge students learn by doing. Whether they are building solar-powered racecars, learning to fly in our onsite Redbird MCX flight simulator, researching the migration of a rare species of moth in a nature preserve, distributing hearing aids in the Dominican Republic, or studying abroad at Cambridge University, the world is their classroom.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Palm Beach Grades: PK-12 | 720 students
8350 Okeechobee Blvd
West Palm Beach, FL 33411
(561) 798-9300 4 PK-12
We have 2 children in the Oxbridge family! Our daughter graduated last year and is a freshman at Villanova University. Our son is a junior at Oxbridge. We are so thankful that our children have had the opportunity to attend Oxbridge. We are extremely happy with their educational experience and highly recommend Oxbridge!
- Posted by Parent - KH
Dedicated teachers; Great School Values with the consistent teachings of Acts of Kindness; Challenging Honors Courses; Motivated Students. If your child wants to be a leader and is motivated, hardworking and loves a challenge then Oxbridge is a perfect fit.
- Posted by Parent - Sherry
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?