5.00 (2 reviews)
Oxbridge Academy Photo #2 - Since its founding in 2011, Oxbridge Academy has emerged as one of the premier college preparatory schools in South Florida. Dedicated to the principle that young people can acquire the capacity for complex thought and critical understanding, this school provides a unique educational experience that prepares students for adult lives of contribution and service.
Oxbridge Academy Photo #3 - The Oxbridge Academy Visual Arts department offers a wide range of 2D and 3D courses including drawing, painting, sculpture, woodworking, digital art, and photography.
Oxbridge Academy Photo #4 - Oxbridge students are kind, curious, and willing to try new things. We provide the environment, the educators, and the opportunities to create your unique high school experience. Learn more about joining Oxbridge from our friendly admission team. http://www.oapb.org
Oxbridge Academy Photo #5 - The Oxbridge Academy Performing Arts Department offers courses in theater, vocal, instrumental music, digital music, and dance. Whether students are working behind the scenes or putting their passions on display for the world to see, Oxbridge Academy helps students tap into their creative potential.
Oxbridge Academy Photo #6 - One of the foundations of an Oxbridge education is hands-on learning. The school's Signature Programs - Cambridge Scholars, Novel Writing, Aviation, and Independent Research - imbue this philosophy of teaching.
Oxbridge Academy Photo #7 - Oxbridge Academy was intentionally designed to inspire and nurture student inquiry, collaboration, innovation, and self-discovery. It offers students the latest technology to problem solve, create, and collaborate with many of the leading corporate and cultural institutions around the world.
Oxbridge Academy Photo #8 - Our students receive individualized help through all parts of the college admission process, from evaluating colleges to preparing applications to making the selection that's right for them. Throughout the process, Oxbridge counsels parents on what to expect and provides resources for financial aid and scholarships. Oxbridge students attend colleges such as Brown, Columbia, Duke, Harvard, Princeton, Vanderbilt, and Yale.
Oxbridge Academy Photo #9 - The Athletic Department is an integral part of the total educational process at Oxbridge Academy. Being involved in athletics provides students with opportunities to develop leadership skills and to learn the ideals of fair play and ethical behavior, which are necessary for competition and cooperation in our society.
Oxbridge Academy Photo #10 - The Health and Wellness Department is committed to the promotion of healthy living as well as the prevention of injury and illness. The goal of the department is to promote the health and well-being of students and staff in order to allow them to be more productive, safe, and health-conscious. The department is comprised of different medical, healthcare, and fitness.
- Oxbridge Academy offers a unique hands on approach to education that challenges students to learn by doing, and builds the skills and confidence they need to succeed for a lifetime.
- Our mission at Oxbridge is to inspire wisdom through learning in an environment that fosters inquiry, collaboration, innovation, and personal discovery.
- With one-hundred percent of our students accepted to four-year colleges, Oxbridge graduates have the ability to meet the challenges and opportunities of the future in life, business, and world citizenship.
- Equally important to the school's mission is our cultivation of a culture of kindness that pervades our community.
- Oxbridge offers small class sizes and a teacher student ratio of 9:1.
- Oxbridge is a place where our students genuinely like going to school, where they are respected for the unique individuals they are, and where participation in extracurricular activities in visual and performing arts groups, on athletic teams, and through service organizations further defines their social experience.
Oxbridge Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||504 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||62 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki or navy pants, shorts, and skirts. Oxbridge Academy Uniform shirt.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 15 / Feb. 14|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$33,800|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes: laptop, books, breakfast, lunch, snacks, college counseling services, learning support services, writing and reading center, math center, health & wellness center.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$24,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dr. Ann Masterman|
|Admissions Associate||Christine Marino|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Equestrian, Flag Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Equestrian,
Flag Football, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||25 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Autism Coalition, Ballroom Dance Club, Cancer Awareness Club, Chinese Music Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Film Appreciation, Game Club, Improv Club, International Thespian Society, Jewish Student Union, Key Club, Math Club, Model United Nations, National Honor Society, National Organization for Women, SAGA (Straight and Gay Alliance), Speech and Debate, Student Government Association, Student Investment Club, Veterinary Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Artist Workshop Series, Jazz Ensemble, Musical Theatre, Rock Band, Theatre
- At Oxbridge Academy, students are taught the skills they need to succeed in an environment that supports their intellectual, social, athletic, and personal growth. Our academic approach focuses on in-depth project based learning, where students engage in hands-on activities that enrich their understanding of our complex world.
- We provide a diverse and rigorous educational experience, enhanced by a project-based philosophy that enables comprehensive study through the integration of meaningful student research, collaboration, creativity, and life-changing service learning. Our vision to be progressive and student centered helps Oxbridge create a curriculum and learning environment that is integrated, adaptable, and relevant.
- Every student who attends Oxbridge Academy is known, respected and challenged. Oxbridge graduates will not only be prepared for college, but they will also have the well-rounded educational foundation that will make them extraordinary leaders and world changers.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Palm Beach Grades: NS-12 | 708 students
8350 Okeechobee Blvd
West Palm Beach, FL 33411
(561)798-9300 4 NS-12
We have 2 children in the Oxbridge family! Our daughter graduated last year and is a freshman at Villanova University. Our son is a junior at Oxbridge. We are so thankful that our children have had the opportunity to attend Oxbridge. We are extremely happy with their educational experience and highly recommend Oxbridge!
- Posted by Parent - KH
Dedicated teachers; Great School Values with the consistent teachings of Acts of Kindness; Challenging Honors Courses; Motivated Students. If your child wants to be a leader and is motivated, hardworking and loves a challenge then Oxbridge is a perfect fit.
- Posted by Parent - Sherry
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.