5.00 (2 reviews)
Oxbridge Academy Photo #2 - Our students receive individualized help through all parts of the college admission process, from evaluating colleges to preparing applications to making the selection that's right for them. Throughout the process, Oxbridge counsels parents on what to expect and provides resources for financial aid and scholarships. Oxbridge students attend colleges such as Brown, Columbia, Duke, Harvard, Princeton, Vanderbilt, and Yale.
Oxbridge Academy Photo #3 - One of our founding values is to model kindness, courtesy, and awareness of self and others. Whether through a class, athletic team, or club, our students are meaningfully engaged in the community. Students learn how to build relationships based on trust, respect, consideration, and inclusion-- kindness becomes an intrinsic part of who they are.
Oxbridge Academy Photo #4 - Oxbridge Academy was intentionally designed to inspire and nurture student inquiry, collaboration, innovation, and self-discovery. It offers students the latest technology to problem solve, create, and collaborate with many of the leading corporate and cultural institutions around the world.
Oxbridge Academy Photo #5 - Oxbridge Academy provides passionate educators, endless opportunities, and a commitment to help students build the skills and confidence they need to build success for a lifetime.
Oxbridge Academy Photo #6 - One of the foundations of an Oxbridge education is hands-on learning. The school's Signature Programs - Cambridge Scholars, Novel Writing, Aviation, and Independent Research - imbue this philosophy of teaching.
Oxbridge Academy Photo #7 - The Oxbridge Academy Performing Arts Department offers courses in theater, vocal, instrumental music, digital music, and dance. Whether students are working behind the scenes or putting their passions on display for the world to see, Oxbridge Academy helps students tap into their creative potential.
Oxbridge Academy Photo #8 - The Oxbridge Academy Visual Arts department offers a wide range of 2D and 3D courses including drawing, painting, sculpture, woodworking, digital art, and photography.
Oxbridge Academy Photo #9 - The Athletic Department is an integral part of the total educational process at Oxbridge Academy. Being involved in athletics provides students with opportunities to develop leadership skills and to learn the ideals of fair play and ethical behavior, which are necessary for competition and cooperation in our society.
Oxbridge Academy Photo #10 - The Health and Wellness Department is committed to the promotion of healthy living as well as the prevention of injury and illness. The goal of the department is to promote the health and well-being of students and staff in order to allow them to be more productive, safe, and health-conscious. The department is comprised of different medical, healthcare, and fitness.
- Oxbridge Academy offers a unique hands on approach to education that challenges students to learn by doing, and builds the skills and confidence they need to succeed for a lifetime.
- Our mission at Oxbridge is to inspire wisdom through learning in an environment that fosters inquiry, collaboration, innovation, and personal discovery.
- With one-hundred percent of our students accepted to four-year colleges, Oxbridge graduates have the ability to meet the challenges and opportunities of the future in life, business, and world citizenship.
- Equally important to the school's mission is our cultivation of a culture of kindness that pervades our community.
- Oxbridge offers small class sizes and a teacher student ratio of 9:1.
- Oxbridge is a place where our students genuinely like going to school, where they are respected for the unique individuals they are, and where participation in extracurricular activities in visual and performing arts groups, on athletic teams, and through service organizations further defines their social experience.
- Stay Updated on the Latest Oxbridge News! - 07/21/2020 - For more Oxbridge Academy news visit: https://www.oapb.org/academics/news-academic-achievements
- Courtney Portlock Joins Oxbridge Academy - 07/06/2020 - The school has appointed Mrs. Courtney Portlock as the assistant head of school beginning in the 2020-2021 school year. Mrs. Portlock brings more than 10 years of administrative experience in ...moreindependent schools. She currently holds the position of director of the National Center for Girls' Leadership at Stuart Country Day School in Princeton, New Jersey, where she previously served as both the head of upper school and assistant head of upper school. During her time at Stuart she has kept her hand in the classroom, teaching courses in math and leadership. Prior to her tenure at Stuart Country Day, she was the director of diversity and community life at The Episcopal Academy in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania. Mrs. Portlock began her career at Episcopal teaching math, literature, diversity awareness courses, and coaching dance. Before this she spent three years in the finance and technology sectors with The Vanguard Group and MICRO E.D.S.
Mrs. Portlock is a passionate advocate for education that fosters leadership and facilitates meaningful inquiry. She has presented nationally on a variety of topics related to leadership, diversity, equity and inclusion, and women in STEM. She has served as a guest lecturer, co-teacher, and panelist for the University of Pennsylvania Graduate School of Education, and is highly involved in the national conversations regarding how independent schools can become continually better, and more accessible, places of learning.
Mrs. Portlock earned a B.S. in mathematics from the University of Pittsburgh, and a M.S.Ed. in school leadership from the University of Pennsylvania. She is currently a doctoral student at the University of Pennsylvania Graduate School of Education, and a graduate of Germantown Friends School in Philadelphia. hide
- Student Wins AOPA Flight Training Scholarship - 06/22/2020 - Congratulations to junior Noah McFarlane, who was awarded a $10,000 scholarship from AOPA (Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association) toward his flight training and private pilot's license. "This is a ...morelife-changing scholarship," said Noah, who is the kind of student who finds ways to showcase his passion for aviation in all aspects of his studies. For instance, he recently wrote a research paper for his English class on Jeffrey Day, a World War I pilot and poet. "It was clear that Noah lives and breathes aviation," said Mrs. Amy Jurskis. hide
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||504 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||62 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki or navy pants, shorts, and skirts. Oxbridge Academy Uniform shirt.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 15 / Feb. 14|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$34,800|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes: textbooks, learning support services, math center, writing & reading center, college counseling services, breakfast, lunch, and snacks.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$24,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dr. Ann Masterman|
|Admissions Associate||Christine Marino|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Equestrian, Flag Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Equestrian,
Flag Football, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||70 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
After Oxbridge, Autism Coalition, Ballroom Dance Club, Bandages Across Boarders, BE Dance Team, Book Club, Brain Bee Team, Cancer Awareness Club, Chess Club, Chinese Music Club, Current Events Club, Ethics Bowl, Fashion Club, Feeding America, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Film Appreciation, Fishing Club, French National Honor Society, Game Club, Green Club, GURLS Up Club, Habitat for Humanity Club, Handball Club, Harry Potter Club, Improv Club, International Thespian Society, Investment Club, Key Club, Libcon Club, Math Club, Mental Health Awareness Club, Mini Ball Club, Model United Nations, N.O.W. of Oxbridge, National Honor Society, National Organization for Women, Natural Sciences Club, Oxbridge Cycling Club, SAGA (Straight and Gay Alliance), Science National Honor Society, Sewing and Art Club, Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica (SHH), Speech and Debate, Student Government Association, Student Investment Club, Surfing Club, Tri-M Music Honor Society, Ukulele and Guitar Club, Veterinary Club, Women in STEM
Arts and Music Programs:
Acting, Ceramics, Chorale, Dance Foundations, Dance Repertory, Digital Graphic Design, Digital Music, Drawing, Jazz Ensemble, Mixed Media Sculpture, Motion Graphics Animation, Musical Theatre, Painting, Photography, Rock & Contemporary Ensemble, StagecCraft, Studio Recording & Production, Videography, Winds & Percussion Ensemble, Wood & Metal Working
- Our Teaching Philosophy. We teach what's worth learning, now and for the future. Building on a solid foundation in the core academic disciplines, the Oxbridge curriculum goes beyond, integrating the arts, athletics, wellness, service, and hands-on learning in a multidimensional educational experience. Oxbridge graduates take responsibility for their learning and carry these habits of mind and character with them through college and beyond.
- Expert Faculty. With 77% of Oxbridge faculty holding a master's degree or higher, including 16% with doctorates, our teachers are true experts in their subject matter. Some are career educators, while others were once professionals in their fields. Our dedicated and engaging faculty inspire creative, innovative, and critical thinkers.
- Personal Discovery through Guided Choice. Our education begins with options. Students are encouraged to explore who they are and what they love through an array of over 170 distinct courses, 40+ clubs, 30+ competitive sports teams, extensive performing and visual art offerings, faculty-supervised research, and Oxbridge's three signature programs: Aviation, Cambridge Scholars, and Independent Research.
- Hands-On Learning. Oxbridge students learn by doing. Whether they are building solar-powered racecars, learning to fly in our onsite Redbird MCX flight simulator, researching the migration of a rare species of moth in a nature preserve, distributing hearing aids in the Dominican Republic, or studying abroad at Cambridge University, the world is their classroom.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Palm Beach Grades: PK-12 | 720 students
8350 Okeechobee Blvd
West Palm Beach, FL 33411
(561)798-9300 4 PK-12
We have 2 children in the Oxbridge family! Our daughter graduated last year and is a freshman at Villanova University. Our son is a junior at Oxbridge. We are so thankful that our children have had the opportunity to attend Oxbridge. We are extremely happy with their educational experience and highly recommend Oxbridge!
- Posted by Parent - KH
Dedicated teachers; Great School Values with the consistent teachings of Acts of Kindness; Challenging Honors Courses; Motivated Students. If your child wants to be a leader and is motivated, hardworking and loves a challenge then Oxbridge is a perfect fit.
- Posted by Parent - Sherry
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.