Grades: K-6 | 25 students
- The goal of the Community Therapeutic Day School since its beginning in 1974 has been to provide a consistent, gentle, and supportive environment for young children with neurological and emotional disabilities.
- Because of physical and emotional disorders, most of these children have experienced a disruption in the natural course of developing attachments and a sense of self.
- They have missed stages in their social, emotional, physical, intellectual, and linguistic development, and these developmental gaps have profoundly effected the way in which they view the world.
- Unable to function successfully in daily life, their attempts have met repeated failure.
- Consequently some children withdraw, some act aggressively, and some behave in ways that seem strange or bizarre.
- The school's task is to help bridge these gaps, so that the children can grow and function at their highest potential.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||25 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.