Grades: NS-12 | 557 students
Cottage Hill Christian Academy is a Christian, co-educational college preparatory school located in Mobile, Alabama, that offers a superior educational opportunity for students in grades pre-kindergarten through grade twelve.
Through small classes and a Christian faculty, it is believed that the best possible mental, spiritual and emotional development can be achieved.
It is our aim to produce secure and successful Christian young people in a Christ-like atmosphere of personal joy and positive achievement.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
National Christian School Association (NCSA)
Southern Baptist Association of Christian Schools (SBACS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||557 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average ACT score||26|
Finances and Admission
|Admissions Director||Melissa Dickinson|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Drill Team, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Drill Team, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art League, Concert Band, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Junior National Honor Society, Key Club, Majorettes, Marching Band, Math Team, Mu Alpha Theta, National Honor Society, Praise Team, Robotics Team, Running Club, Scholar's Bowl, Science Club, Science Olympiad, Spanish Club, Student Government Association, Young Women of Virtue Art League, Concert Band, Key Club, Majorettes, Marching Band, Math Team, Mu Alpha Theta, Praise Team, Robotics Team, Running Club, Scholar's Bowl, Science Club, Spanish Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes,
Junior National Honor Society,
National Honor Society,
Student Government Association,
Young Women of Virtue,
- Cottage Hill Christian Academy is a Christian, co-educational college preparatory school that offers a superior educational opportunity for students in grades pre-kindergarten through twelve. A ministry of Cottage Hill Baptist Church, the school was established in 1961, and is recognized as the oldest evangelical school in the state of Alabama. God has established Cottage Hill Christian Academy for the purpose of impacting lives for eternity through biblically-based and Christ-centered education.
- Cottage Hill Christian Academy offers a safe, nurturing environment where our students realize their God-given potential with which to impact the world. It is a place for teachers to influence future generations who learn from their Christ-like models; a place that serves as a powerful academic partner for parents; a place that cultivates our community’s future leaders – those who know and exercise their spiritual gifts to further the Kingdom of God.
- CHCA is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). Accreditation and Blue Ribbon status have been earned with the Alabama Independent School Association (AISA). Our school is a member of the Southern Association of Christian Schools (SBACS) and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
- The CHCA Church Campus (grades K2-8), provides core studies in Language Arts, Math, Bible, Science, Social Studies, and Phonics-based Reading. It also offers instruction in Art, Music, Foreign Language, Library, Technology, and Physical Conditioning. In grades 6th – 8th, students have the opportunity to take elective classes such as Drama, Concert Band, Art, Computer, Yearbook, Worship Arts, and more. Eighth grade students also have the opportunity to be a member of the high school marching band.Our students participate in many scholastic competitions including the Geography Bee, Spelling Bee, Oratorical Contest, Science Olympiad, Scholars Bowl, Math Contests, and Robotics.Musical lessons are offered through our Conservatory of Music. Enrichment, Speech and Hearing services, and Before/After School Care are also offered through CHCA.
- The CHCA West Campus (grades 9 – 12), offers two diploma options for graduation: the Honors Diploma and College-prep Diploma. Both require 28 units of academic work. Courses are offered at Advanced Placement, Honors, and College-prep levels to prepare students for success in college.Core studies are provided in Math, Science, History, English, and Bible. Advanced Placement courses are offered in English Literature, Calculus AB, and Spanish IV. Elective courses are offered in Foreign Language, Physical Conditioning, Health Education, Computer Applications, Art, ACT Prep, Accounting, Family Consumer Studies, Piano, Music Appreciation, and Yearbook. Additionally there are opportunities for students to be selected for Marching Band, Praise Band, and Life Ensemble.Standardized tests are administered in 9th through 11th grades. More than half of CHCA graduating classes have had National Merit Commended Scholars or National Merit Finalists.
Profile last updated: 09/03/2015
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MobileGrades: PK-12 | 741 students
3975 Japonica Lane
Mobile, AL 36693
MobileGrades: PK-8 | 525 students
4160 Burma Rd
Mobile, AL 36693
MobileGrades: PK-5 | 111 students
439 Azalea Road
Mobile, AL 36609
MobileGrades: NS-PK | 60 students
513 Georgian Drive
Mobile, AL 36609
MobileGrades: PK-12 | 615 students
5900 Cottage Hill Road
Mobile, AL 36609
Rental Market Monitor
January 25, 2016
This is a very practical list of things you must do before you graduate. The items on this list will enhance your college applications.
January 08, 2016
Here are my picks for 'must have' web sites when it comes to finding out about private K-12 schools.
January 05, 2016
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.