- Cumberland Valley Christian School is accredited by Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, which is the same organization that awards accreditation to all the public schools in the area.
- In a school of our size, class rank is the least important of the three, since our classes are smaller than those in the public schools.
- CVCS students have been accepted to and have gone on to succeed at Christian and secular colleges and universities. Difficulty, of course, often depends on how much time a student puts into studying for a particular class or how much aptitude a student has for a particular subject.
- Overall, however, the courses offered at CVCS are rigorous.
- We strive to provide courses that are as challenging as or even more challenging than those offered by public schools.
- We offer several advanced courses in our regular curriculum, including Advanced Mathematics and Advanced Physics, as well as Chemistry and Calculus.
- Those courses are weighted for GPA calculation, and we offer an Honors U.S. History and Honors English class that is also weighted.
- Our classes in English and Social Studies, while not weighted, offer students very demanding course work, some of it college-level.
- We also provide a variety of online courses, both in regular classes and AP.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||416 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Advanced Courses||A variety of online AP courses, Advanced Mathematics, Advanced Physics, Calculus, Chemistry, Honors Algebra I, Honors Algebra II, Honors English, Honors U.S. History|
|Average SAT score||1700|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,980|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is $3430 for K3, $4256 for K4 through 6th grade and $4980 for grades 7 through 12|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chapel Praise Team, Choir, Creation Club, Drama, Law Club, Mentor Program, Music Lessons, Serving Our Community, Student Council, Yearbook Choir, Creation Club, Drama, Law Club, Mentor Program, Music Lessons, Yearbook, Chapel Praise Team,
Serving Our Community,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ChambersburgGrades: PK-12 | 543 students
126 Social Island Road
Chambersburg, PA 17202
ChambersburgGrades: NS-12 | 158 students
875 Ragged Edge Rd
Chambersburg, PA 17202
WaynesboroGrades: KG-6 | 107 students
213 E Main St
Waynesboro, PA 17268
CarlisleGrades: K-12 | 110 students
1412 Holly Pike
Carlisle, PA 17015
MercersburgGrades: 9-12 | 440 students
300 East Seminary Street
Mercersburg, PA 17236