Grades: NS-K | 153 students
- At Detour 2 Discovery Day School, early childhood is a journey - not a race! We have been caring for Chicago's children since 1992...so you know our program is tried & true! We target only 65% of our state approved capacity so you know our ratios can't be beat and the care our dedicated staff provide is phenomenal. We recognize that some of the most important experiences are those nurturing loving relationships that develop between children and adults.
- In addition to our many talented teachers, further enrichment is provided by our artist and musician in residence and a children’s librarian; amenities rarely seen at the early childhood level.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Military Colleges and Schools
Council of Bilingual Education
European Council for International Schools
National Coalition of Alternative Community Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||153 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,450|
|Tuition Notes||The monthly tuition rate quoted is for full time preschool. Call for our rates in other programs.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ms Jeni Heim|
|Admissions Associate||Ms JoAn Willis|
- Lowest ratios in the midwest!
- Small class sizes!
- Friendly, loving staff!
- Nurturing an appreciation for cultural differences!
- A community of families dedicated to high quality early childhood education!
Profile last updated: 09/15/2015
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.