Grades: K-8 | 100 students
Eagle Hill Southport School is a progressive, independent school for children ages 6-15 with language-based learning differences and ADHD. Built on a foundation of evidence and research, EHSS is a transitional program.
It aims to remediate such students so they can succeed in mainstream environments.
Our whole-child approach reawakens students' love of learning, resiliency, and sense of possibilities.
And when we reach and teach the student, we often find the experience transforms the whole family.
Our vision is a world where people with language-based learning differences and ADHD are embraced for their strength and potential. .
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Language-based, ADHD|
|Total Students||100 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$50,400|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Samantha Berg|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
- Eagle Hill Southport School's mission is to provide transformative educational experiences that have lifelong impact on our students as well as thought leadership that engages the learning differences community.
- The school is dedicated to creating an environment for LD and ADHD students that recognizes individual strengths, promotes independent thinking, develops self-esteem and self-advocacy, and supports a successful transition for continued academic achievement.
- In our coeducational elementary, middle, and summer school programs in Southport, CT, students can safely take risks and are championed by a faculty that is student-focused and uses research and evidence-based approaches.
- Through our teacher training, professional development, and community outreach programs, we inform families, educators, and other professionals on how to implement those practices in the lives of people with language-based learning differences and ADHD.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
EastonGrades: PK-12 | 222 students
660 Morehouse Road
Easton, CT 06612
GreenwichGrades: 1-9 | 250 students
45 Glenville Road
Greenwich, CT 06831
KatonahGrades: 6-12 | 355 students
260 Jay St
Katonah, NY 10536
White PlainsGrades: 1-9 | 525 students
13 Windward Avenue
White Plains, NY 10605
TrumbullGrades: 9-12 | 815 students
2320 Huntington Tpke
Trumbull, CT 06611
January 11, 2017
Letters of interest and cover letters are frequently used interchangeably even though they have different purposes.
January 03, 2017
When you visit schools, please don't make the following common mistakes. A little thought and preparation will help you make the best impression possible.
December 21, 2016
Bullying has gone electronic. It's called cyberbullying and it is rampant.