- "Laete cognoscam et laete docebo" (Gladly will I learn and gladly teach).
- The Foote School nurtures a lifelong love of learning and teaching and fosters a commitment to excellence in its students and faculty.
- Teachers lead children to ask questions and discover connections; to think and work independently, collaboratively, and creatively; and to learn by doing.
- Our community values each child, appreciates differences, and challenges prejudice while giving our students the skills to explore the world with joy and purpose.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||484 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||75 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$23,950 for K-5 $28,720 for grades 6-9 For 2013-2014 21 % of student body received more than $1.6 million in need-based financial aid|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Rachelle Bryon|
|Admissions Associate||Kelly Small|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, TennisBaseball, Basketball,
Field Hockey, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Amnesty International, Chorus, Community Service, Environmental Action Group, Jazz Rock Ensemble, Model Congress, Music Tech Club, Orchestra, Radio Station, Student Council, Student Newspaper, Yearbook Chorus, Model Congress, Orchestra, Radio Station, Yearbook, Amnesty International,
Environmental Action Group,
Jazz Rock Ensemble,
Music Tech Club,
- Students come to Foote from many different backgrounds and schools, creating a diverse Kindergarten Grade 9 community that enriches us all. Dedicated, highly qualified faculty and staff establish a happy, productive atmosphere where students flourish with small classes and individual attention. Above all, we nurture a lifelong love of learning and teaching.The Campus: Paths criss-crossing our 17.8-acre campus give the feel of a country setting within New Haven. The campus includes 11 classroom buildings, a 47,000 volume library, science laboratories, mobile computer labs, a black-box theater, music rooms, arts studios, a gymnasium, playing fields, teaching gardens, a wooded area for outdoor education, and a new state-of-the-art science and technology building.The Curriculum: Teachers provide a strong foundation in verbal and mathematical skills while fostering creativity and collaboration. Students explore a wide-ranging, imaginative curriculum in literature, history, mathematics, science, technology and writing. Students in every grade participate in world languages, drama, music and art. Children engage in daily physical activity through recess, gym and after-school sports. We value critical thinking and hands-on learning, and foster respectful relationships among teachers, students and parents. Central to Foote`s strong academic program is its commitment to a multicultural curriculum designed to help students embrace and celebrate our diversity and actively seek opportunities to serve and lead.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New HavenGrades: PK-6 | 133 students
263 Chapel Street
New Haven, CT 06513
WaterburyGrades: PK-12 | 440 students
565 Chase Parkway
Waterbury, CT 06708
HamdenGrades: NS-12 | 580 students
1108 Whitney Ave
Hamden, CT 06517
CheshireGrades: 8-12 | 339 students
10 Main St
Cheshire, CT 06410
New HavenGrades: 7-12 | 710 students
986 Forest Road
New Haven, CT 06515
We owe a lot to what Foote has given our children. It is a remarkable, magical, phenomenal places that allows children to dream and grow in was unbounded. It is a model school. A one of a kind.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
For the sports, includes cross country and squash. One of the best schools you will find, so come.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Abbyc
Best school you could ever wish for. Many sports and extracurricular activities available. Your child will love the whole experience as soon as they step foot on the campus.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - cupca