|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Friends Council on Education (FCE)
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||169 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,990|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Darree Palmer|
|Admissions Associate||Liz Torres|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Cross Country, Ultimate FrisbeeCross Country, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art and Archeology, Choir, Filmmaking and Animation Club, Robotics Club, Scratch (Coding) Club, Strings Program, Theater and Improvisation Choir, Robotics Club, Art and Archeology,
Filmmaking and Animation Club,
Scratch (Coding) Club,
Theater and Improvisation,
- Frankford Friends School students are intellectually curious, engaged, and care deeply about each other and the world outside of themselves. They become adults who use their strengths and passions to make the world a better place.
- At Frankford Friends School, the Quaker testimonies of simplicity, peace, integrity, community, equality, and stewardship of our natural and human communities are honored, lived, and learned. Students are challenged to work both independently and as part of a team. We enhance each student`s skill in creative problem-solving and provide opportunities for children to develop their passions by engaging in projects that have personal meaning to them. In our tight-knit, nurturing community, each child`s best efforts are encouraged and applauded; all are supported in their individual growth.
- Frankford Friends School students are members of a community that is highly diverse and inclusive. Children of all faiths and all ethnic, racial, and economic backgrounds are welcomed to our community without regard to gender or sexual orientation. Nearly half of our students are children of color.
- Highlights of our program include:
- STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) classes for all students in grades PreK-8
- An award-winning Music Program (music and movement, string ensembles, choir, jazz band) in grades PreK-8
- Spanish in grades PreK-4 (twice weekly), grade 5 (three times weekly), and grades 6-8 (daily)
- Theater and Improvisation
- Physical Education in grades PreK-8
- Service Learning in grades PreK-8
- 45 minutes of outdoor play every day in grades PreK-8
- A focus on nurturing a growth mindset in students, and enhancing their executive functioning abilities, problem-solving skills, and leadership opportunities
- The NEST (for Nature, Exploration, Science, and Technology Investigations) will be an area of the Frankford Friends School campus dedicated to critical thinking, creativity, teamwork, experimentation, and problem-solving. Student-initiated explorations and collaborative ventures promote students` cognitive, emotional, social, and physical development.
- The NEST consists of:
- The Innovation Workshop - Students make deep cross-curricular connections and relate their thinking to topics studied in their core academic subjects. Every student in grades PreK-8 participates in open-ended STEM investigations that help them to build skills in problem-solving, communication, teamwork, innovation, and leadership.
- The Media Studio - Students expand their understanding of the role technologies can play in 21st century communication, while fostering imaginative and artistic representations of their ideas. Students learn to communicate in a variety of ways, using photography and technology to create audio and video presentations, digital designs, animation, and other graphic representations.
- The Nature Learning Lab - Students can freely explore, investigate, and observe their world through engagement with rocks and soils, natural materials, native plants and local animals, water, and engineering apparatus on a .45 acre lot.
- Technology in the Classroom and at the NEST - Technology use provides the opportunity for enhanced learning at Frankford Friends School. Digital literacy skills are taught to students in grades PreK-8 as a means to find, evaluate, create, and communicate information. Throughout their experience, students are introduced to coding, robotics, new media, and opportunities for experimenting with electronic hardware. Supported by technology, hands-on projects are designed to enhance each student`s ability to solve real-world problems, now and in the future.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-12 | 947 students
3000 W School House Lane
Philadelphia, PA 19144
PhiladelphiaGrades: K-12 | 906 students
31 West Coulter Street
Philadelphia, PA 19144
PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-12 | 571 students
17th St & Benjamin Franklin
Philadelphia, PA 19103
PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-8 | 331 students
5511 Greene St
Philadelphia, PA 19144
PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-8 | 453 students
2501 Lombard Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146