Grades: PK-12 | 150 students
- Genesee Lake School is a nationally recognized provider offering programs for students with developmental disabilities, mental health disorders, neurological disorders, and emotional disturbances.
- Additionally, we offer specialized programs for students with Autism Spectrum Disorders, Mood and Anxiety Disorders, and Complex Trauma. Our 160 acre campus is a nurturing setting where students from around the country gain the skills and experiences necessary to successfully return to their families, school districts, and communities.
- Our goal at Genesee Lake School is to provide an innovative and enriching environment for the students in our care to learn and experience all that life can offer.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Stephanie Koster Peterson|
|Admissions Associate||Amanda Buerger|
- Genesee Lake School is dedicated to improving the lives of children, adolescents, and young adults with a variety of special needs. Our 160 acre campus in the wooded Wisconsin countryside is a calm and nurturing setting where students from around the country gain the skills and experiences necessary to successfully return to their families, school districts, and communities.
- As a nationally recognized provider, we offer programs for students with developmental disabilities, mental health disorders, neurological disorders, and emotional disturbances. In addition, we offer specialized programs for students with Autism Spectrum Disorders, Mood and Anxiety Disorders, and Complex Trauma. We provide an individualized, person-centered, and integrated team approach, emphasizing positive behavioral support, therapeutic relationships, and developmentally appropriate practices.
- We are also known for our research based educational curriculum. In a sensory and technology rich environment, our licensed special education teachers provide academic instruction, pre-vocational education, and adaptive physical education. Additionally, speech and language, occupational, art, and music therapies are integrated throughout each student’s program as needed. For our middle and high school students ready to access a generalized curriculum in a supported environment, we offer a departmentalized model in which students change classes, follow a set schedule, and learn to adapt to a variety of teaching styles, just as would occur in the students’ home district.
- Our goal at Genesee Lake School is to provide an innovative and enriching environment for the students in our care to learn and experience all that life can offer. To provide a place to grow.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MilwaukeeGrades: 3-8 | 35 students
9700 W. Grantosa Drive
Milwaukee, WI 53222
West AllisGrades: PK-8 | 112 students
7821 W Lincoln Ave
West Allis, WI 53219
NashotahGrades: PK-8 | 111 students
120 Nashotah Road
Nashotah, WI 53058
Hales CornersGrades: PK-8 | 529 students
12300 W Janesville Road
Hales Corners, WI 53130
MilwaukeeGrades: PK-8 | 176 students
1435 S 92nd St
Milwaukee, WI 53214
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.