Grades: NS-12 | 90 students
- GCMS is a licensed special education school designed to accommodate the needs of children with intellectual and developmental disabilities ages 3 to 21.
- Therapy services, including speech, occupational, physical, and vision, are offered to maximize student potential.
- A Transition Program that emphasizes pre-vocational, community, and ADL skills is also available.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||90 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$38,000|
|Admissions Director||William Benson|
- The George Crothers Memorial School is a private, state-licensed school for children, teens and young adults with intellectual disabilities, brain damage, or cerebral palsy between the ages of 3 and 21. The ungraded special education classes include academic and life skills training as well as pre-vocational, therapeutic, social, and recreational activities. The challenging program strives to develop each student to his or her highest potential. Speech, occupational, and physical therapy are integrated into the program based on the student’s individualized education plan. Vision services and social work services are also available. Registered nurses are on staff to administer medication, provide first aid and attend to the needs of medically fragile students.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SwarthmoreGrades: PK-8 | 283 students
990 Fairview Rd
Swarthmore, PA 19081
BrookhavenGrades: K-12 | 402 students
4301 Chandler Dr
Brookhaven, PA 19015
ChesterGrades: PK-K | 65 students
1 University Pl
Chester, PA 19013
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.