Grades: K-6 | 348 students
Grace Brethren Elementary School is a private, non-profit, co-educational school, for students in kindergarten through sixth grade.
It was founded by Grace Brethren Church in 1978, and operates as a ministry outreach of the church.
Grace Brethren Schools is fully accredited by both the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
Philosophy - Our educational philosophy is born out of the belief that God is the source of all truth and the creator of all things; Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God, the Savior of mankind in whom is hidden "all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge" (Colossians 2:3); and, man is a sinner who is by nature estranged from God and who therefore must be born again (John 3:7) and become a new person in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17).
The authority of the Word of God and its directive to parents is to bring up their children in the "discipline and instruction of the Lord" (Ephesians 6:4).
Grace Brethren School (GBS) exists to assist parents and the church in fulfilling this God-given responsibility with the definitive action to inculcate a God-centered worldview in students that gives meaning and direction to the educative process.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Western States Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||All|
|Total Students||348 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Uniforms required. Sue Mills)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,300|
|Tuition Notes||Discounts available for multiple children, pastors and full time employees. Kindergarten is $6,630 and includes FREE before and after care.|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Amy Henderson|
|Admissions Associate||Nancy Connell|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Drill Team, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Drill Team,
Flag Football, Football,
- Offering 2 levels of Kindergarten - K1 is designed to provide children with additional time for maturation and physical, social, emotional, intellectual and spiritual development. The goal of the program is to develop confidence in their abilities by allowing them to increase their skills at their own pace. This is done in an activity-oriented environment in which they participate in large group, small group and individual learning situations. The end result is a confident, naturally maturing child that is ready for success in the next level of kindergarten.
- Kindergarten educates children to achieve the following:
- Comprehension of teacher and pupil read material
- Understands concepts of addition and subtraction
- Prints name correctly; catches ball
- Memorizes weekly verses and applies Christian principles
- Evaluated on 16 items of work habits and citizenship
Profile last updated: 01/19/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Simi ValleyGrades: KG-8 | 108 students
2949 Alamo St
Simi Valley, CA 93063
Simi ValleyGrades: K-8 | 199 students
1325 Royal Avenue
Simi Valley, CA 93065
West HillsGrades: PK-8 | 340 students
22450 Sherman Way
West Hills, CA 91307
Simi ValleyGrades: 1-6 | 32 students
403 Talbert Avenue
Simi Valley, CA 93065