At Halstrom Academy, our personalized one-to-one teaching approach provides students the opportunity to maximize their academic potential in a small, nurturing, private school environment.
- Students learn differently, and Halstrom Academy understands that. Since 1985, Halstrom Academy has helped more than 16,000 students achieve educational success with the personalized 1:1 instruction model it pioneered.
- For students who struggle in the traditional classroom such as those with ADHD, Dyslexia, or social anxiety, or students with special scheduling needs such as athletes and artists, Halstrom`s personalized approach to teaching and flexible scheduling options helps students in grades 6-12 succeed in school. Halstrom offers open enrollment for full-time students, as well as part-time students who want to remediate or accelerate their traditional school curriculum.
- Halstrom offers more than 150 college prep and 18 AP courses, as well as a variety of social activities and clubs.
- At Halstrom, you will find a school that fits your needs.
- Halstrom is WASC accredited, UC/CSU certified and NCAA approved.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / ADD / Social Anxiety / Mild Learning Differences|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,500|
|Tuition Notes||* Full-Time Student with I-pad and 10 classes * Subject to change based on individual needs of the student * AP & Honors classes additional - Call 888-HALSTROM to ask about our programs. – Schedule a campus tour to get a customized quote.|
|Admissions Director||Mary Donielson|
- Dr. Karen Bishop, who founded Halstrom Academy (formerly Futures High School) in 1985, envisioned a private middle school and high school that was committed to providing individualized instruction to foster academic growth and success for all attending students. Learning is a personal, life-long experience. Optimum learning occurs when the learner actively participates in the process. Instruction focuses on the learner's skills, interests, needs, and rate of progress. Students and instructors work together "one-to-one" to achieve learning expectations and personalized goals. The instructor develops a mentor relationship with the student. The intense interaction increases the student's responsibility in the learning process. The self-discipline required to work independently transfers successfully to college and a wide range of careers. Halstrom Academy promotes academic success, builds positive self-concepts, and encourages appreciation for learning through personalized instruction in a caring environment.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NashuaGrades: PK-12 | 185 students
55 Franklin St
Nashua, NH 03064
Santa AnaGrades: 9-12 | 2075 students
1202 W Edinger Ave
Santa Ana, CA 92707
Huntington BeachGrades: 6-12 | 412 students
21141 Strathmoor Lane
Huntington Beach, CA 92646
AnaheimGrades: 1-12 | 52 students
720 S Magnolia Ave
Anaheim, CA 92804
OrangeGrades: K-12 | 134 students
2190 N. Canal Street
Orange, CA 92865
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.