Grades: PK-K | 39 students
Holloway House Learning Center is a full academic program for Pre-kindergarten (four-year-olds) and Kindergarten (five-year-olds) rather than a social care facility.
Located conveniently on the southeast side of Cedar Rapids, it seeks to serve families who desire a balanced and solid educational start for their children. Learning at Holloway House will be "Christ Centered." Biblical truths, so vital in the formative years, are woven through the total learning program.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||39 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Carol Green|
- Holloway House was established in 1981 by Marie Holloway. Teacher and Director for the program will be Carol Green. She has her BA in Elementary Education, Reading Endorsement, K-12 Talented and Gifted Endorsement and MS in K-12 Administration with over 19 years teaching experience.
- Who is eligible? Four and five year old children who meet the September 15 State birthday requirement are eligible for enrollment. Classes are limited in size. Pre-kindergarten has 10-12 students; kindergarten has 12-15 students per class. Holloway House Learning Center admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin.
- Academic Excellence: Holloway House Learning Center stresses cognizant development with emphasis on academic skills. READING The foundational approach to reading includes a strong phonetic emphasis as well as rote reading, basic reading, and a high frequency sight vocabulary which encourages independent reading. This method allows each child to move along at his own speed. WRITING Writing begins with the correct letter formation, phonetic spelling and sentence structure. Many students progress to story writing. MATHEMATICS Mathematics begins with a foundation of basic math concepts. This is presented through learning games and drills along with a math textbook.
- Christian Emphasis Learning at Holloway House will be "Christ Centered." Biblical truths, so vital in the formative years, are woven through the total learning program. These truths become the basis for encouraging concepts of self-worth and self-discipline. Bible time is the high point in the day. External Bible truths are taught through exciting Bible stories and application lessons. This approach helps children relate the truths to situations and problems even younger children have.
Profile last updated: 01/20/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Cedar RapidsGrades: PK-9 | 235 students
1635 Linmar Drive NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
TacomaGrades: PK-8 | 13 students
14824 C Street South
Tacoma, WA 98444
Cedar RapidsGrades: NS-12 | 202 students
3636 Cottage Grove Ave Se
Cedar Rapids, IA 52403
Cedar RapidsGrades: NS-6 | 140 students
1010 Regent Street NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
(2013-2014 - 2 children currently attending.) Very caring, available teacher; very focused on each child's development. Willing to modify to meet individual needs of the child.
- Posted by Parent - chene
Great school. Very caring teacher and teacher aids .
- Posted by Parent - anom
December 07, 2016
In addition to complying with all the usual admissions requirements, international students must also obtain a student visa. Here are five tips to help you navigate the admissions process.
November 30, 2016
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
November 21, 2016
What is really important in choosing a private school? Ranks? Academics? Financial aid? Sports programs? Arts programs? One of these criteria doesn't matter. The others do.