Holloway House Learning Center is a full academic program for Pre-kindergarten (four-year-olds) and Kindergarten (five-year-olds) rather than a social care facility.
Located conveniently on the southeast side of Cedar Rapids, it seeks to serve families who desire a balanced and solid educational start for their children.
Learning at Holloway House will be "Christ Centered." Biblical truths, so vital in the formative years, are woven through the total learning program.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 39 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Holloway House was established in 1981 by Marie Holloway. Teacher and Director for the program will be Carol Green. She has her BA in Elementary Education, Reading Endorsement, K-12 Talented and Gifted Endorsement and MS in K-12 Administration with over 19 years teaching experience.
- Who is eligible Four and five year old children who meet the September 15 State birthday requirement are eligible for enrollment. Classes are limited in size. Pre-kindergarten has 10-12 students; kindergarten has 12-15 students per class. Holloway House Learning Center admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin.
- Academic Excellence: Holloway House Learning Center stresses cognizant development with emphasis on academic skills. READING The foundational approach to reading includes a strong phonetic emphasis as well as rote reading, basic reading, and a high frequency sight vocabulary which encourages independent reading. This method allows each child to move along at his own speed. WRITING Writing begins with the correct letter formation, phonetic spelling and sentence structure. Many students progress to story writing. MATHEMATICS Mathematics begins with a foundation of basic math concepts. This is presented through learning games and drills along with a math textbook.
- Christian Emphasis Learning at Holloway House will be "Christ Centered." Biblical truths, so vital in the formative years, are woven through the total learning program. These truths become the basis for encouraging concepts of self-worth and self-discipline. Bible time is the high point in the day. External Bible truths are taught through exciting Bible stories and application lessons. This approach helps children relate the truths to situations and problems even younger children have.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Holloway House Learning Center?
The application deadline for Holloway House Learning Center is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
(2013-2014 - 2 children currently attending.) Very caring, available teacher; very focused on each child's development. Willing to modify to meet individual needs of the child.
Great school. Very caring teacher and teacher aids .
Endorse Holloway House Learning Center. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Secrets to Becoming a Great School
Discover the essential ingredients that drive academic success and cultivate a thriving school community.
Keep track of application deadlines as well as all the other aspects of choosing a school.
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.