Holloway House Learning Center
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Holloway House Learning Center is a full academic program for Pre-kindergarten (four-year-olds) and Kindergarten (five-year-olds) rather than a social care facility.
- Located conveniently on the southeast side of Cedar Rapids, it seeks to serve families who desire a balanced and solid educational start for their children.
- Learning at Holloway House will be "Christ Centered." Biblical truths, so vital in the formative years, are woven through the total learning program.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||39 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Carol Green|
- Holloway House was established in 1981 by Marie Holloway. Teacher and Director for the program will be Carol Green. She has her BA in Elementary Education, Reading Endorsement, K-12 Talented and Gifted Endorsement and MS in K-12 Administration with over 19 years teaching experience.
- Who is eligible? Four and five year old children who meet the September 15 State birthday requirement are eligible for enrollment. Classes are limited in size. Pre-kindergarten has 10-12 students; kindergarten has 12-15 students per class. Holloway House Learning Center admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin.
- Academic Excellence: Holloway House Learning Center stresses cognizant development with emphasis on academic skills. READING The foundational approach to reading includes a strong phonetic emphasis as well as rote reading, basic reading, and a high frequency sight vocabulary which encourages independent reading. This method allows each child to move along at his own speed. WRITING Writing begins with the correct letter formation, phonetic spelling and sentence structure. Many students progress to story writing. MATHEMATICS Mathematics begins with a foundation of basic math concepts. This is presented through learning games and drills along with a math textbook.
- Christian Emphasis Learning at Holloway House will be "Christ Centered." Biblical truths, so vital in the formative years, are woven through the total learning program. These truths become the basis for encouraging concepts of self-worth and self-discipline. Bible time is the high point in the day. External Bible truths are taught through exciting Bible stories and application lessons. This approach helps children relate the truths to situations and problems even younger children have.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Cedar RapidsGrades: PK-10 | 235 students
1635 Linmar Drive NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Cedar RapidsGrades: PK-8 | 133 students
1010 Regent Street NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Cedar RapidsGrades: NS-12 | 202 students
3636 Cottage Grove Ave Se
Cedar Rapids, IA 52403
(2013-2014 - 2 children currently attending.) Very caring, available teacher; very focused on each child's development. Willing to modify to meet individual needs of the child.
- Posted by Parent - chene
Great school. Very caring teacher and teacher aids .
- Posted by Parent - anom
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?