Top Iowa Schools By Membership Association
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 26 top school membership associations in Iowa, serving 181 private schools (74% of all schools) and 41,018 students.
- The most popular school membership associations are National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA) (53% of schools), Christian Schools International (CSI) (12% of schools) and Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) (9% of schools).
Sacred Heart School Photo - Bishop Heelan High School students work with the kindergarten students on building gingerbread houses
Bishop Heelan Catholic High School Photo - Bishop Heelan students crown Mary during the annual Marian Day assembly held each May
Scattergood Friends School Photo - Scattergood offers a Sustainable Agriculture Endorsement. Students earning this endorsement take five farm-related Project classes over the course of four years, complete an agriculturally-related topic for either their Junior or Senior research papers and design and execute a 30-hour service project with with Scattergood Farm's livestock, 35 acre restored prairie, or 10 acre certified organic vegetable fields and fruit orchards.
St Paul The Apostle Catholic School Photo - STREAM is an expansion of STEM. It is an acronym for Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, the Arts and Math. As Catholic schools, our mission is to educate the whole child; therefore, STREAM education has taken the principles of STEM infused religion across all subjects and added the arts to provide students the creative thinking skills necessary to communicate.
Ames Christian School Photo - Ames Christian School Kindergartners dressed as their favorite book characters for Book Week.
Maharishi School Photo - Maharishi School is a global community with students and families representing more than 30 countries. Our school community is deeply enriched by students of diverse origin who come together to create global awareness and a vibrant school culture with rich traditions.
Top Iowa Private Schools by Membership Association (2019-20)
- Membership Association# Schools# Students% Minority
- 4 Schools476 Students11.43% Minority
- 1 Schools754 Students7.70% Minority
- 3 Schools128 Students5.97% Minority
- 5 Schools404 Students8.51% Minority
- 1 Schools30 Students- Minority
- 17 Schools3,631 Students9.16% Minority
- 1 Schools220 Students2.20% Minority
- 22 Schools3,656 Students4.55% Minority
- 4 Schools345 Students3.83% Minority
- 1 Schools28 Students- Minority
- 4 Schools592 Students35.01% Minority
- 12 Schools1,686 Students28.88% Minority
- 2 Schools447 Students5.15% Minority
- 5 Schools1,199 Students25.32% Minority
- 3 Schools144 Students25.47% Minority
- 1 Schools516 Students8.15% Minority
- 96 Schools28,103 Students13.45% Minority
- 1 Schools521 Students8.45% Minority
- 5 Schools729 Students5.94% Minority
- 1 Schools196 Students4.79% Minority
- 3 Schools261 Students5.26% Minority
- 5 Schools738 Students2.55% Minority
- 9 Schools2,226 Students13.88% Minority
- 4 Schools594 Students37.17% Minority
- 7 Schools1,875 Students8.07% Minority
- 1 Schools28 Students- Minority
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?