Top Iowa Schools By Membership Association
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 26 top school membership associations in Iowa, serving 182 private schools (73% of all schools) and 41,036 students.
- The most popular school membership associations are National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA) (53% of schools), Christian Schools International (CSI) (12% of schools) and Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) (9% of schools).
Newton Christian School Photo - Students enjoy working on special art projects with local artist Lisa Davis.
Heritage Christian School Photo - Our Pre-K program is taught by passionate, state-certified teachers with early childhood education endorsements. They create a nurturing environment where students feel comfortable and safe as they learn and grow.
Scattergood Friends School Photo - Scattergood offers a Sustainable Agriculture Endorsement. Students earning this endorsement take five farm-related Project classes over the course of four years, complete an agriculturally-related topic for either their Junior or Senior research papers and design and execute a 30-hour service project with with Scattergood Farm's livestock, 35 acre restored prairie, or 10 acre certified organic vegetable fields and fruit orchards.
St Paul The Apostle Catholic School Photo - STREAM is an expansion of STEM. It is an acronym for Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, the Arts and Math. As Catholic schools, our mission is to educate the whole child; therefore, STREAM education has taken the principles of STEM infused religion across all subjects and added the arts to provide students the creative thinking skills necessary to communicate.
Saint Albert Catholic Schools Photo - With the addition of the state-of-the-art childcare center and elementary school, Saint Albert's elite learning, faith-filled environment is unmatched in Southwest Iowa.
Maharishi School Photo - Maharishi School is a global community with students and families representing more than 30 countries. Our school community is deeply enriched by students of diverse origin who come together to create global awareness and a vibrant school culture with rich traditions.
Spalding Catholic Schools Photo - Spalding Catholic School is a Prek-6th grade school, located in northwest Iowa.
Top Iowa Private Schools by Membership Association (2020-21)
- Membership Association# Schools# Students% Minority
- 4 Schools477 Students11.35% Minority
- 1 Schools754 Students7.70% Minority
- 3 Schools104 Students5.97% Minority
- 5 Schools406 Students9.18% Minority
- 1 Schools30 Students- Minority
- 16 Schools3,372 Students11.45% Minority
- 1 Schools224 Students2.20% Minority
- 22 Schools3,642 Students6.04% Minority
- 4 Schools369 Students10.68% Minority
- 1 Schools28 Students- Minority
- 4 Schools532 Students35.01% Minority
- 14 Schools2,567 Students20.46% Minority
- 2 Schools447 Students5.15% Minority
- 5 Schools1,138 Students26.42% Minority
- 3 Schools167 Students33.06% Minority
- 1 Schools516 Students8.15% Minority
- 96 Schools28,252 Students14.10% Minority
- 1 Schools521 Students8.45% Minority
- 6 Schools825 Students6.17% Minority
- 1 Schools198 Students9.56% Minority
- 3 Schools260 Students5.00% Minority
- 5 Schools687 Students3.32% Minority
- 11 Schools2,940 Students20.39% Minority
- 4 Schools570 Students38.89% Minority
- 7 Schools1,915 Students8.49% Minority
- 1 Schools28 Students- Minority
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?