Isaac Newton Christian Academy
5.00 (7 reviews)
- Isaac Newton Christian Academy is a non-denominational, Christian school serving families in Cedar Rapids and the surrounding area. We are accredited by the State of Iowa and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), and all of our teachers are State-certified.
- Our mission is "Christlike Character -- Academic Excellence". We have a rigorous academic program, and high test scores.
- We teach all subjects from a Christian Biblical Worldview.
- We are known for developing caring, responsible, servant leaders and advanced students.
- We serve students Pre-K through 11th grade, adding a grade each year until it is a full Pre-K - 12 program.
- Our high school features dual credit courses from Colorado Christian University with adjunct CCU professors on our staff. We also have dual credit courses offered online through LeTourneau University, and are part of the Iowa online AP academy.
- We offer before and after school care, as well as an extended day program for our Pre-K students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-11|
|Total Students||259 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,180|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K tuition is $2,730. K-8 tuition is $6,180. High School tuition is $7,220. We have multi-student discounts, and several scholarship programs. We are a member of the Heart of Iowa STO Program, which is a scholarship program for non-public, accredited s|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Kathryne Oates|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Bowling,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Junior Leadership Program, Robotics Club, Speech and Spelling Bee, Student Council, Technology Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Concert Band, Praise Band, Show Choi
- Our standardized test scores are outstanding. We consistently rate about two grade levels above norm, and our 8th grade consistently scores at a 13+.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cedar Rapids Grades: NS-12 | 202 students
3636 Cottage Grove Ave Se
Cedar Rapids, IA 52403
(319)366-7462 3 NS-12
- Cedar Rapids Grades: PK-3 | 193 students
3700 1st Avenue Nw
Cedar Rapids, IA 52405
(319)396-7818 3.5 PK-3
- Cedar Rapids Grades: 3-11 | 22 students
2309 C St Sw
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
(319)365-9164 3.6 3-11
I have been a part of Isaac Newton for the past 9 years. I am continually impressed with the teachers and their guidance in both Bible based learning and strong academics. My children have many opportunities in extracurricular activities as well. We love Isaac Newton.
- Posted by Parent - Ms Z.
We knew the first time we visited the school that we wanted our kids to attend Isaac Newton Christian Academy. We're excited about the school's growth and continued academic excellence!
- Posted by Parent - Amy Davis
Isaac Newton supports our family by integrating the same faith we teach at home into education and life skills. The teachers and staff are all caring and encourage students to do their best for God's glory. The facility continues to be upgraded to accommodate growth and new technology. This school is very strong academically and encourages the whole child with arts and activities that parallel any other small school. I encourage you to check it out!
- Posted by Parent - Sarah Jackson
Being at Isaac Newton Christian Academy was the best decision we made. Having been in the school since PreK, we've found the curriculum challenging and have been impressed that the biblical content is integrated. In addition, the teaching staff, facility, and strong commitment to each student's success has been sincerely appreciated.
- Posted by Parent - SH
The teachers permeate Biblical truth in each of their areas of study. Teachers have been trained with tools to help students see how God has revealed himself through every aspect of creation and academics.
- Posted by Teacher - Mr. Schultz
My wife and I are parents of three former Isaac Newton students and we now have two grandchildren attending. We really enjoyed the Bible based teaching, strong curriculum and great caring teachers. The school does everything they can to build student scholars who have a Christlike character.
- Posted by Parent - Duane Usher
Isaac Newton Christian Academy is a very great school. I believe that every child should have a chance Isaac Newton Christian Academy. It is a great place to take your child.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Jaxon Eilers
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.