Trinity Lutheran School
- Trinity Lutheran School is a Lutheran Christian Day School serving preschool-Eighth grade students.
- As Lutherans we believe and teach that the Bible is the true source of Christian love, guidance and doctrine.
- Our School's Mission: To Know Christ, To Make Christ Known through Education.
- The goal of TLS is to provide a Christ-centered experience that nurtures and equips children for service to their family, church, and community.
- Trinity's curriculum exceeds state recommended standards. Our students' standardized testing scores are well above the national averages, and students leave Trinity well prepared for high school. Many former TLS students achieve high school salutatorian and valedictorian honors.
- TLS offers STEM programming throughout the curriculum and incorporates technology in the classrooms.
- We use the Saxton Math series AND we still teach cursive!
- We have a great partnership with Grant Wood AEA for resource needs during the school day.
- Trinity provides a quality Christian education in partnership with the home which addresses the physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual needs of children.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||179 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 11%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(khaki pants, polos in pre-approved colors)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,300|
|Tuition Notes||Discount for more than one child in family attending grades K-8, and/or membership at Trinity Luth. Church. Need based scholarships available. Discover Trinity program for new families, K-8th, offering a discounted rate for first two years.|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Chorus, FTC (First Tech Challenge) Robotics, Geography Bee, Lego League, Science Fair, Spelling Bee, Spring Operetta Band, Chorus, Geography Bee, Lego League, Science Fair, Spelling Bee, FTC (First Tech Challenge) Robotics,|
Trinity has been providing exceptional Lutheran education in the Cedar Rapids community for over 130 years. Our objective is to provide a quality Christian education in a caring environment. To that end, we work to guide students in the following facets of their development:
- Character Building
Formal schooling is only part of a child's education. Together with you and your child, we work to contribute to your child's growth and development. Therefore, Trinity Lutheran School exists to:
- Share the Good News of Jesus Christ by providing opportunity for children to daily study Scripture under the guidance of Christian teachers
- Assist parents in the Lutheran education of their children, and welcome families into a community of faith in our Lord Jesus Christ
- Encourage students to become active Christians through prayer, service, and worship
- Emphasize excellence in academic subjects, while providing current technology, music, the arts, and physical education as an integral part of their studies.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cedar RapidsGrades: PK-8 | 94 students
1010 Regent Street NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
- Cedar RapidsGrades: NS-12 | 202 students
3636 Cottage Grove Ave Se
Cedar Rapids, IA 52403
Caring, Christian teachers who are positive role models; safe, encouraging, nurturing environment; strong academics; smaller class sizes; personal attention. Our children enjoy attending TLS and tell us that Trinity is a fun place to go to school.
- Posted by Parent - Andrea Yelden
Trinity has been a great learning environment for both our daughters. Class sizes are smaller and students are regularly challenged, which has helped out daughters grow faster than if they were in public school.
- Posted by Parent - Eric Van Kerchove