Trinity Lutheran School
- Trinity Lutheran School is a Lutheran Christian Day School serving preschool-Eighth grade students.
- As Lutherans we believe and teach that the Bible is the true source of Christian love, guidance and doctrine.
- Our School's Mission: To Know Christ, To Make Christ Known through Education.
- The goal of TLS is to provide a Christ-centered experience that nurtures and equips children for service to their family, church, and community.
- Trinity's curriculum exceeds state recommended standards. Our students' standardized testing scores are well above the national averages, and students leave Trinity well prepared for high school. Many former TLS students achieve high school salutatorian and valedictorian honors.
- TLS offers STEM programming throughout the curriculum and incorporates technology in the classrooms.
- We use the Saxton Math series AND we still teach cursive!
- We have a great partnership with Grant Wood AEA for resource needs during the school day.
- Trinity provides a quality Christian education in partnership with the home which addresses the physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual needs of children.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||243 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(khaki pants, polos in pre-approved colors)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,500|
|Tuition Notes||Discount for more than one child in family attending grades K-8, and/or membership at Trinity Luth. Church. Need based scholarships available. Discover Trinity program for new families, K-8th, offering a discounted rate for first two years.|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Geography Bee, Science Fair, Spelling Bee|
Club or Organization:
FTC (First Tech Challenge) Robotics, Lego League
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Chorus, Spring Operetta
Trinity has been providing exceptional Lutheran education in the Cedar Rapids community for over 130 years. Our objective is to provide a quality Christian education in a caring environment. To that end, we work to guide students in the following facets of their development:
- Character Building
Formal schooling is only part of a child's education. Together with you and your child, we work to contribute to your child's growth and development. Therefore, Trinity Lutheran School exists to:
- Share the Good News of Jesus Christ by providing opportunity for children to daily study Scripture under the guidance of Christian teachers
- Assist parents in the Lutheran education of their children, and welcome families into a community of faith in our Lord Jesus Christ
- Encourage students to become active Christians through prayer, service, and worship
- Emphasize excellence in academic subjects, while providing current technology, music, the arts, and physical education as an integral part of their studies.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cedar Rapids Grades: PK-12 | 176 students
3636 Cottage Grove Ave Se
Cedar Rapids, IA 52403
(319) 366-7462 4.2 PK-12
- Cedar Rapids Grades: 3-11 | 22 students
2309 C St Sw
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
(319) 365-9164 2.5 3-11
Trinity excels in academics. Students can start a band in 4th grade! Teachers are dedicated to the students learning throughout their time at Trinity and beyond. The school has been a blessing for my daughter and our family.
- Posted by Parent - Sam D.
Trinity has been a blessing for our family. We started one of our children in prekindergarten, not knowing if if it was the right time or place. We were soon amazed at the rate of growth, development and independence! We decided to stay at Trinity for k-8 and we are so happy we did! The teaching staff is professional, well rounded and educated, and they go above and beyond for families. The overall atmosphere is friendly and Christ centered. Academics are very rigorous and the students are well prepared for the future and the world.
- Posted by Parent - Whitney P.
Our family absolutely loves Trinity. We started our children when they were in preschool and ended up staying for k-8 education. The preschool program is outstanding. The teachers are professionals in early childhood development and knowledge and they are so dedicated to the students as well as the school community. We feel very welcome and comfortable in all areas of the school. We have been impressed and are so glad we made the choice to send our children to private school.
- Posted by Parent - Sandra
Fantastic Christian based education that focuses on the development of the kids. Staff is fantastic, and for a private school you can not get any better. Discipline is well handled at the school, creating well mannered kids. This is a stark contrast to what you see at a public school. Have received many comments from local's that host field trips for both public, and private schools.
- Posted by Parent - Rick Heller
We love Trinity. Our children have grown immensely over the years through small classes and dedicated teachers. Our children were able to start band and choir in 4th grade as well as other sports. They were very prepared academically and spiritually by attending Trinity and we are forever grateful!
- Posted by Parent - Barb S.
Caring, Christian teachers who are positive role models; safe, encouraging, nurturing environment; strong academics; smaller class sizes; personal attention. Our children enjoy attending TLS and tell us that Trinity is a fun place to go to school.
- Posted by Parent - Andrea Yelden
Trinity has been a great learning environment for both our daughters. Class sizes are smaller and students are regularly challenged, which has helped out daughters grow faster than if they were in public school.
- Posted by Parent - Eric Van Kerchove