Grades: NS-8 | 393 students
- Holy Family School-"making a difference one child at a time" Holy Family School educates students in Nursery through Grade 8 from 27 Catholic Parishes on Long Island and 26 Public School Districts.
- Our teachers are New York State certified and join with the Administration in taking very seriously the trust parents put in us when they choose to send their child to our school. We pride ourselves in providing a safe, secure environment for our students; each of whom is known by name and loved for their God-given gifts and talents.
- It is our mission to assure the best academic, spiritual, social, physical, and emotional experience for each individual student entrusted to our care.
- We have our own certified School Counselor to assist students with the ever changing world we live in.
- We are a Middle State Accredited School, a National School of Excellence, and a Best of Long Island winner for Catholic Elementary School and School Principal.
- We follow Diocesan Guidelines along with the Common Core Standards. We have a very strong Parish-School connection.
- We offer Advanced Regents Classes in Math and Science to qualifying seventh and eighth graders. We offer both morning care and after school care supervised by our own certified teachers.
- We have a modern Computer Lab for technology instruction along with lap top computers, Smart Boards and i-pads for daily use in our classrooms.
- We offer 2, 3, 4, and 5 full and half day sessions for Nursery and Pre-Kindergarten.
- We offer in school band, chorus and choir. Our after school enrichment clubs include bagpiping, tennis, chess, golf, computer design, languages, twirling, cheerleading, STEM, and much more.
- We have an amazing after-school Drama Club.
- We are active participants in our Parish CYO Sports program.
- We participate in Middle School Sports.
- Annually, 100% of our eighth graders that take the Catholic High School Entrance Exam are accepted in to at least one if not all three of the schools they choose.
- We offer Academic Intervention as a classroom push-in, and in a small group setting. We have District provided Resource Room, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and School Psychology Services in our building when necessary.
- Our very active Parent Association supports our school through many "fun" fund raising events and activities.
- Our School Board members are dedicated to their role as advisors to the Pastor and Principal. Working together they assure a quality education for every student-Come visit our school and learn more about what we have to offer.Private tours are available at any time. Call 516-938-3846 x329 for an appointment..
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other religious school association(s)
National Catholic Education Association
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||All|
|Total Students||393 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies according to family size|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Golf, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Club, Italian Club. Bagpiping, Choir, Chorus, Band, Drama Chess Club, Italian Club. Bagpiping,
Choir, Chorus, Band, Drama,
- 400 students in Nursery through grade 8
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HicksvilleGrades: PK-8 | 455 students
520 S Oyster Bay Rd
Hicksville, NY 11801
MerrickGrades: K-12 | 139 students
36 Smith Street
Merrick, NY 11566
SeafordGrades: K-9 | 594 students
2001 Jackson Ave
Seaford, NY 11783
LevittownGrades: PK-8 | 42 students
5 N Village Green
Levittown, NY 11756
Oyster BayGrades: NS-8 | 199 students
31 Yellow Cote Rd
Oyster Bay, NY 11771
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.