- With a profound respect for the heart and soul of childhood as its guiding principle, The Housatonic Valley Waldorf School lays the foundation for a joyful, purposeful life.
- Anything but common, Waldorf Education inspires a love of learning that lasts a lifetime.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||125 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Assistance and scholarships are available|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
|Admissions Director||Therese Lederer|
- The Housatonic Valley Waldorf School provides a challenging classical education and is dedicated to academic excellence in a non-competitive environment.
- The curriculum covers, in depth, all basic academic skills, while strengthening the student's moral purpose and artistic sense.
- It is designed to introduce each subject at the appropriate developmental stage in the student's life.
- At the core of the Waldorf philosophy is the belief that knowledge is best learned experientially as well as academically.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NewtownGrades: NS-8 | 160 students
173 S Main St
Newtown, CT 06470
DanburyGrades: PK-8 | 210 students
44a Shelter Rock Rd
Danbury, CT 06810
DanburyGrades: PK-12 | 341 students
91 Miry Brook Rd
Danbury, CT 06810
PawlingGrades: PK-8 | 128 students
64 E Main St
Pawling, NY 12564
WoodbridgeGrades: PK-KG | 59 students
1666 Litchfield Tpke
Woodbridge, CT 06525