Grades: NS-8 | 102 students
- Ile Omode Elementary School provides a foundation for the development of self-determined scholarship and leadership and the goal of the school is to create a learning environment which encourages creative problem solving, teamwork, and confidence.
- Through learning experiences that are both challenging and fun, we are preparing our children to compete in a technologically advanced society.
- We emphasize African values and community as a framework for the utilization of this technology.
- Our vision is that our students become highly motivated and creative leaders who are both capable and committed to the betterment of our nation.We stress the development of our students' bodies, minds, souls, and consciousness.
- We develop our bodies by eating a proper diet and exercising daily.
- We develop our minds by acquiring knowledge and skills that are useful to our advancement.
- We develop our souls by developing our relationship with the Creator and with our people based on Maat (truth, justice, right-order, and reciprocity).
- We develop our consciousness by attaining self-awareness, identity, self-control, and discipline.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||102 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Advanced Courses||English, Geometry, Intermediate Algebra|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||May. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,750|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool $705 mth Elementary $6750 annually Middle $7250 annually|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kelly Kouyate|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Football, Soccer, Track and FieldFootball, Soccer,
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choir, Creative Art, Cultural djembe drumming, Instrumental music, Multi cultural dance program, Spanish Choir, Creative Art, Spanish, Cultural djembe drumming,
Multi cultural dance program,
- Students must complete a solid year in PreK in order to enter Kindergarten
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.