Grades: 1-12 | 111 students
Grades 1-6 are mainly taught by the Sisters, Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary; ensuring a solid Catholic foundation.
Altar boys are trained and given the honor and privilege of serving at the altar daily in IHM Chapel.
The prize-winning IHM Marching Band, directed by the Brothers, has taken many trophies in local parades!
- Immaculate Immaculate Heart of Mary School is a private Catholic school in Still River MA. The main goal of the institution is for the complete Catholic formation of its students through a traditional and excellent academic education.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||111 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for the first two children is $2,500 each, $2,000 per student for the next two and $1,500 per student after that.|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, BasketballBaseball, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Marching Band, Pro-Life League Marching Band, Pro-Life League,
- Immaculate Heart of Mary School was started in 1976 in response to the needs of families who identified a crisis in Catholic education. At IHM traditional education, based on the Catholic Faith, is taught at all levels, putting into perspective Gods creation and the eternal responsibilities and goals of man, with no apologies.The Town of Harvard School Board gave the school approbation on November 7, 1983, commending the institution on its comprehensive program. As time went on student enrollment grew and a larger building was added on to the existing building, which was also enlarged.At the present time a gym called "MacIsaac Hall" is being built to finish the campus needs of this small school, where grades one through twelve are taught in a small classroom settings, in family-like atmosphere. The daily Latin Mass at our chapel located across from the school, begins each day and supports the spiritual needs of the student body. The curriculum is based on traditional Catholic academics, emphasizing the importance of the Holy Catholic Faith in all subjects.Adopting the Salesian pedagogy based on Reason, Religion and Kindness for our discipline, IHM provides a happy and wholesome learning environment for our students.The grammar school is staffed and administered almost entirely by Sisters, whereas the High School is staffed staffed by the Brothers, lay teachers and a few Sisters. Other than Academics, the High School boasts of an award winning Marching Band, with accomplished musicians. It is also home of the "Eagles " Basketball teams, both boys and girls. The boys also have a baseball team.Graduates of Immaculate Heart of Mary School have gone on to various walks of life in the professional fields, some becoming doctors and nurses, engineers and teachers. Others have gone into the trades and have become diesel mechanics, electricians, plumbers and stone masons. Several have answered the call to religious life. Some are married and are raising families and it is our prayer that these and the future graduates of Immaculate Heart of Mary School will serve to be the catalysts to bring others into the Catholic Faith.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CambridgeGrades: 9-12 | 440 students
1 Matignon Rd
Cambridge, MA 02140
GrotonGrades: 8-12 | 374 students
Po Box 991
Groton, MA 01450
FitchburgGrades: PK-8 | 232 students
254 Summer Street
Fitchburg, MA 01420
ConcordGrades: 9-12 | 395 students
1400 Lowell Road
Concord, MA 01742
WorcesterGrades: 7-12 | 651 students
144 Granite St
Worcester, MA 01604
There is no place like IHM. I was very blessed to go to school here from 1st-12th grade. I graduated over 12 years ago, and my husband and I moved across country to be close to it again so that our children can attend school here as well. The teachers are exceptional, giving the individual care you would hope for your children and teach with the patience and love. There's no where else I''d want our children to be. I feel that they, like myself will build a strong foundation in the faith here too, which is definitely a priority. You won't find a more cheerful environment than this whole establishment. It's definitely "a breath of fresh air"!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - pulve
My children have attended here for the past 6 years. What a beautiful school. The Sisters and Brothers not only care about their educational needs but most importantly they care about their spiritual welfare. Each school day starts with the Traditional Latin Mass. The small class sizes lend themselves to individual instruction when needed. Nothing like seeing a Sister on the playground playing tag with the children. This is like heaven on earth. This is a rare find in the world we live in today. They stand up for the faith and do not waiver. I only wish I had such an education when I was young. My children know more about their faith then I will ever know.
- Posted by Parent - gfest
A rare to find Catholic school, with small classes and a super low tuition, don`t be intimidate by the Sisters and Brothers, that teach in this school, they will give the most important seed that the kids need in this nonsense world: a solid Catholic faith! they are very loving and warm people, good parent-teacher communication, always open for suggestions! -A New almost complete gym built by the Brothers, what more more to ask? Extra Curriculum? A Well prepare Altar Servers, Marching Band,Pro Life League,Girls basketball,Boys basketball, and baseball, Happy Parents with 3 children attending this school!! Thank you IHM!
- Posted by Parent - ryu20
I was blessed to attend IHM School from Grades 1-12, and am so thankful for the years of Faith and formation. The family atmosphere, the excellent instruction and the warmth of the Catholic Faith in its pure truth has helped me to remain strong against the odds of an ugly world. Thank you to all my teachers throughout the years, and may God bless you... and all the students who ever have the opportunity to walk through the doors of IHM!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - smb
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.