Grades: 9-12 | 82 students
- Karafin School has a limited number of students but the student body is not limited in intelligence. High school students with disabilites from the entire lower Hudson Valley and the City of New York are represented. The school follows the NYSED curriculum. The students take Regents Exams, PSAT and SAT tests and meet the criterion for eanring a New York or Connecticut diploma.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||82 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||US History, Literature, Calculus|
|Average SAT score||1500|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$28,426|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Bart A. Donow, Ph. D.|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||student council and student generated clubs student council and student generated clubs,
- 84 student maximum enrollment. Class size = 6 students, 1 teacher, 1 teacher's aide.
- All core academic classes in science, math. social studies and English. Academic electives including, physics, calculus, psychology, soociolgy; plus music, art, computer technology, Spanish, Speech.
- Gudance Counselor and school psychologist.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New RochelleGrades: KG-12 | 153 students
100 Overlook Cir
New Rochelle, NY 10804
North SalemGrades: 12 | 84 students
520 Route 22
North Salem, NY 10560
HawthorneGrades: PK-12 | 245 students
5 Bradhurst Ave
Hawthorne, NY 10532
BronxGrades: K-9 | 482 students
1946 Bathgate Ave
Bronx, NY 10457
Cornwall On HudsonGrades: 8-12 | 175 students
314 Mountain Road
Cornwall On Hudson, NY 12520
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.