Grades: 9-12 | 82 students
- Karafin School has a limited number of students but the student body is not limited in intelligence. High school students with disabilites from the entire lower Hudson Valley and the City of New York are represented. The school follows the NYSED curriculum. The students take Regents Exams, PSAT and SAT tests and meet the criterion for eanring a New York or Connecticut diploma.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||82 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||US History, Literature, Calculus|
|Average SAT score||1500|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$28,426|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Bart A. Donow, Ph. D.|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||student council and student generated clubs student council and student generated clubs,
- 84 student maximum enrollment. Class size = 6 students, 1 teacher, 1 teacher's aide.
- All core academic classes in science, math. social studies and English. Academic electives including, physics, calculus, psychology, soociolgy; plus music, art, computer technology, Spanish, Speech.
- Gudance Counselor and school psychologist.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New RochelleGrades: KG-12 | 153 students
100 Overlook Cir
New Rochelle, NY 10804
North SalemGrades: 12 | 84 students
520 Route 22
North Salem, NY 10560
AlbertsonGrades: PK-12 | 186 students
201 I U Willets Rd
Albertson, NY 11507
BronxGrades: PK-12 | 312 students
999 Pelham Pkwy N
Bronx, NY 10469
BronxGrades: K-9 | 482 students
1946 Bathgate Ave
Bronx, NY 10457
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.