- Thornton-Donovan School was founded on the principle that a school must meet the changing needs of its students, its community, and its society.
- Its philosophy and curriculum directly contribute to the development of students who can use their individual talents to meet the challenges of life.
- Thornton-Donovan School seeks qualified students who possess ability, who are motivated, who have self-discipline and who will both gain from and give to the school.
- The school may also admit a youngster who has potential for academic success but whose record does not demonstrate it.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||153 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RyeGrades: PK-12 | 884 students
Rye, NY 10580
Dobbs FerryGrades: 5-12 | 658 students
49 Clinton Avenue
Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522
TarrytownGrades: K-12 | 847 students
293 Benedict Avenue
Tarrytown, NY 10591
BronxGrades: PK-12 | 1140 students
5250 Fieldston Road
Bronx, NY 10471
KatonahGrades: 6-12 | 355 students
260 Jay St
Katonah, NY 10536