Grades: PK-12 | 1140 students
Students can do homework or study in the library, which also houses writing and math centers where they can get extra help from a variety of teachers.
- Riverdale is a Pre-K through Grade 12 independent school on two "green" campuses in New York City that provides a rigorous academic program for its students as well as an intentional educational focus on personal development in all divisions.
- The school has many traditions that have developed in its 100+ year history, but, at the same time, is a leader in developing educational practices that are relevant to schools in the United States and across the globe. Riverdale provides a comprehensive education that challenges our students, helps them develop meaning and purpose in their lives and, as our mission states "developing minds, building character, and creating community in order to change our world for the good". Riverdale is more than just a school, it is an experience.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1140 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||196 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 15|
|Tuition Notes||Total Educational Costs for 2016-2017 for Students in PreK-12th Grade: $49,805 At Riverdale, our "tuition" includes lunch, books, and all required activities.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Jenna R. King|
|Admissions Associate||Timothy Sacks|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Fencing, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,
Crew, Cross Country,
Fencing, Field Hockey,
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||24 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Asian-American Alliance (AAA), BSA (Black Student Alliance), Creative Writing, Culinary Club, Dance Club, Debate, Do Something (community organization), GLOW (Gay, Lesbian or Whatever), Girls Learn International, HOLA (Hispanic Organization for Latino Awareness), Habitat for Humanity, Literary magazines (various), Mock Trial, Model U.N., Mythbusters, Peer Tutoring, RSPCA (Riverdale Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals), Riverdale Review school newspaper, Robin Hood, Spoken Word Club, Student-Faculty Council, Sustainability Committee, Yearbook, Zawadi by Youth Microfinance Club Culinary Club, Dance Club, Debate, Mock Trial, Model U.N., Mythbusters, Peer Tutoring, Robin Hood, Yearbook, Asian-American Alliance (AAA),
BSA (Black Student Alliance),
Do Something (community organization),
GLOW (Gay, Lesbian or Whatever),
Girls Learn International,
HOLA (Hispanic Organization for Latino Awareness),
Habitat for Humanity,
Literary magazines (various),
RSPCA (Riverdale Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals),
Riverdale Review school newspaper,
Spoken Word Club,
Zawadi by Youth Microfinance Club,
- Riverdale Country School aims to cultivate the unique talents of its students and to nurture their intellectual, creative, physical, moral, emotional, and social development.
- Riverdale is a nonprofit, nondenominational institution that is governed by a 31-member Board of Trustees.
- Riverdale Country School is the largest independent school campus in New York City, with a total of 27.5 acres: the 19.5-acre Middle and Upper School Hill Campus for Grades 6-12, and the 8-acre Lower School River Campus for Pre-Kindergarten-Grade 5.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BronxGrades: 6-8 | 377 students
3901 Fieldston Rd
Bronx, NY 10471
TarrytownGrades: K-12 | 847 students
293 Benedict Avenue
Tarrytown, NY 10591
RyeGrades: PK-12 | 884 students
Rye, NY 10580
New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 1240 students
5 W 93rd St
New York, NY 10025
New RochelleGrades: KG-12 | 153 students
100 Overlook Cir
New Rochelle, NY 10804
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.