- For four decades, Katherine Michiels School (KMS) has served Bay Area children and families. We pride ourselves on providing high-quality, affordable education within a nurturing, child-centered environment.
- Our mission is to foster each child`s experience of the world so that he or she can blossom to potential and become a compassionate, autonomous and contributing member of society.
- KMS has chosen the humanistic, progressive pedagogies of the Reggio Emilia educational approach and Council in Schools as our educational compass.
- Both approaches see the child as a competent and equal partner in the educational journey.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||65 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,800|
|Tuition Notes||2 year Kindergarten $15,500.00/year Elementary 13,800.00/year|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Vincent Arroyo|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Dance Class, After School Music Class, After School Science Class, De Colores - Spanish Language Program After School Dance Class,
After School Music Class,
After School Science Class,
De Colores - Spanish Language Program,
- Reggio Emilia educational approach & Council in Schools as educational compass.
- De Colores Spanish Culture and Language Program.
- Nature Education supports Science curriculum - includes overnight camping trips to Yosemite several times each year.
- Fieldtrip Fridays support project-based learning approach.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San FranciscoGrades: KG-8 | 253 students
665 Elizabeth St
San Francisco, CA 94114
San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 192 students
1387 Valencia St
San Francisco, CA 94110
San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 230 students
1690 Church St
San Francisco, CA 94131
San FranciscoGrades: NS-12 | 1092 students
150 Oak Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
San FranciscoGrades: PK-8 | 122 students
180 Fair Oaks Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
Absolutely the best place to send your child Hands down! I have been sending my children here since they were two and a half years old now they are 10 and 6. The girls absolutely love their school and respect and admire their teachers (especially Randall). I can honestly say that my girls are " in touch" with the environment, the community and most importantly themselves. KMS takes a different approach to teaching and interacting with children fostering confidence and independence in each student. My girls are inquisitive, analytic, emotionally intelligent. I am a native San Franciscan and a product of tough -old fashioned public schools. I know the difference in quality and individualized focus my children get and I''m glad they are a part of KMS.
- Posted by Parent - chump