|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh-Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh-Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||1289 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||75 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Average SAT score||1619|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|% on Financial Aid||
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBadminton, Baseball,
Basketball, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||22 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Badminton Club, Book Club, Campus Ministries, Chamber Singers, Choir, Creative Writing Club, Drawing and Painting 101, Fashion Club, Friends Next Door Bible Club, Journalism, Kids' University After-school Care Program, LLA Walk Run Fitness Club, Photo Club, ProMusica, Robo-Runners Club, Rock Climbing Club, Shades Club, Symphony Orchestra, Tea Club, Wind Symphony, Youth-to-Youth Club Art Club, Badminton Club, Book Club, Choir, Fashion Club, Journalism, Photo Club, ProMusica, Shades Club, Tea Club, Wind Symphony, Campus Ministries,
Creative Writing Club,
Drawing and Painting 101,
Friends Next Door Bible Club,
Kids' University After-school Care Program,
LLA Walk Run Fitness Club,
Rock Climbing Club,
- What makes Loma Linda Academy unique? Since being founded in 1906, we’ve had more than 100 years to fine-tune our educational offerings and build a school that offers a truly exceptional Christ-centered education. The ingredients are simple: a Bible-based curriculum, the latest technology, interactive teaching strategies driven by cutting-edge scientific research, and a safe and secure environment where all abilities and talents are honored and accepted.
- Loma Linda Academy is the largest Seventh-day Adventist K-12 school in the United States. It has attracted some of the finest educators in the system and supports beautiful facilities.Loma Linda Academy’s resources have given students more opportunities for growth and success. Because of its proximity to Loma Linda University, the Academy has enjoyed a strong relationship that has helped to enhance the schedule of mathematics and science courses. It is not surprising that more Loma Linda University medical students claim Loma Linda Academy as their alma mater than any other secondary school. The Academy’s size also contributes to the exceptional strength of its music and sports programs.The school maintains a family atmosphere with an active Home and School organization. Parents often support activities on and off campus. The competitive student-teacher ratio and an average class size of 25 students, promotes an active learning environment. Loma Linda Academy provides a space for healthy spiritual, academic and physical development. When students graduate, they are well prepared for the college environment.
- Outstanding Academics:
- SAT scores at Loma Linda Academy are well above national averages.
- Each year, 99%+ of the graduating class are college bound.
- Graduates have attended such prestigious universities as Harvard, Yale, Cornell, Pepperdine, Stanford, USC, UCLA, Loma Linda University and private Seventh-day Adventist institutions.
- Many of our graduates go on to pursue degrees in medicine, dentistry and other health professions.Loma Linda Academy is proud to have the only National Merit Finalist in the Loma Linda/Redlands area for 2013.
- Of our 87 certified teachers and administrators, all have a minimum Bachelor’s degree, 39 have Master’s degrees, and 7 have Ed.D., Ph.D. or Ed.S. degrees
- Christ-Centered Training:
- Loma Linda Academy provides spiritual leadership to students from kindergarten through high school with the support of a full-time campus chaplain.
- The Campus Ministries Student Leadership Program at Loma Linda Academy has served as the model for many Christian schools.
- The new Campus Ministries Center is a great place for students to have Bible studies, listen to live music, worship together, or just relax with friends between classes.
- Loma Linda Academy has a history of international mission trips serving communities in Africa and Asia.
- We offer an abundance of opportunities for students to pursue activities and areas of study that interest them:
- Loma Linda Academy offers varsity sports and elite musical groups with a rigorous audition process beginning in 7th grade.
- Computer, art, music, P.E. and library activities begin in kindergarten with class rotations at the elementary level.
- Loma Linda Academy Athletics boast three gymnasiums and expansive playing fields.Loma Linda Academy athletic coaches create opportunity for athletic character building in a Christian context.
- Loma Linda Academy’smusic program attracts the very best young musicians with international touring groups for band, choir and strings.
- We offer lessons for every wind and percussion instrument in a symphonic band. We are fortunate to have some of the best performers and professional music educators on our private music staff.
- The school newspaper has won numerous awardssuch as best newspaper, best photography, best layout and design, and best news writing in high school publication competitions.Our nationally-recognizedTechnology Integrated Education program takes students with interest inengineering through specialized training.
- A special Lego robotics class is offered for students in 4th through 8th grade.
- Unique classes fromculinary arts to organic chemistry allow students to tailor their education to their interests and goals.
- We offer honors and APclasses designed to prepare students for the demands of college.
- Learn more by requesting a free Educational Success Consultation.
- What Parents Say
- “As a parent, we are charged with two things: we have to educate our kids, and we have to direct them to salvation. At this school, I have a partner.”- Euni Cho, Parent
- “When they go to college they say, 'Oh, you’re from Loma Linda Academy! Wow, you’re going to be well prepared here, and you’re going to do fine here.'” -Verlon Strauss, Parent
- “I chose Loma Linda Academy because of its Christian education. Great academics, a great social experience, loving and caring teachers and staff, sports and music, Loma Linda Academy has it all. Being an alumnus, I really wanted my kids to experience the same thing."-Memrose Atiga, Parent
- “The teachers keep in contact with me on a regular basis so we can help my daughter get the best education possible.” -LLA Parent
- Learn more about Loma Linda Academy by requesting a free Educational Success Consultation
- Loma Linda Academy offers need-based financial aid. Our discreet online application will calculate eligibility based on your needs.
Profile last updated: 11/18/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RedlandsGrades: K-12 | 418 students
130 Tennessee St
Redlands, CA 92373
RiversideGrades: K-12 | 674 students
4900 Golden Ave
Riverside, CA 92505
RiversideGrades: PK-12 | 711 students
3532 Monroe St
Riverside, CA 92504
RiversideGrades: 7-12 | 566 students
18401 Van Buren Blvd
Riverside, CA 92508
Rancho CucamongaGrades: K-12 | 443 students
10900 Civic Center Drive
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730