Grades: 9-12 | 251 students
- The mission of Lutheran High School is to prepare young adults for a Christian life while providing academic excellence in a Christ-centered environment.
- Teaching Truth.
- Changing Lives.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Developmental Reading Course|
|Total Students||251 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 20%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Art, Advanced Compostiion/AP Eng Lit/Comp, Biology/AP, Calculus/AP, Chemistry/ACP, Discrete Mathematics, English Language & Composition, Advanced Placement, History/AP, Honors Physics, Physics/ACP, Spanish AP|
|Average SAT score||1567|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(uniform look: see website)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,400|
|Tuition Notes||Membership in association congregations is discounted $900.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Deidre Barnett|
|Admissions Associate||Bev McIntosh|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Competition Teams, Chamber Choir, Civil Air Patrol, Drama, Forensics, Mens Chorus, Model UN, National Honor Society, Praise Band, Service Projects, Student Council, Wind Ensemble, Womens Chorus, Yearbook Chamber Choir, Drama, Forensics, Mens Chorus, Model UN, Praise Band, Wind Ensemble, Womens Chorus, Yearbook, Academic Competition Teams,
Civil Air Patrol,
National Honor Society,
- Learn more about us first hand by attending an LHS Preview Night and shadowing a student during a typical day of classes.
- Belief in Jesus is the reason for this school. He is the unseen but ever-present teacher in our classes, the model for our faculty, and the inspiration for our students.
- Students are surrounded by a college prepatory atmosphere and provided a selection of honor and AP, and ACP courses taught by highly qualified Christian educators having years of experience.
- A majority of the student body is involved in LHS activities and 100% of the students are involved in service work. Nearly 100% of our gradates continue their education while others serve our country and community.
- Lutheran High School faculty and staff collaborate with parents to provide students with a top notch education that prepares them for colleges and life beyond our doors.
- You can learn how to excel in high school, in college, and throughout your life.RankedIn a recent study, the U.S. Department of Education ranked the Lutheran system highest, academically, among all other schools, including public, Catholic, charter, or other private schools. Lutheran school students test 23% higher than the national average on standard achievement tests. (Brekke, M., YRC).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
IndianapolisGrades: PK-12 | 217 students
8140 Union Chapel Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46240
IndianapolisGrades: 9-12 | 800 students
2801 W 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46268
CarmelGrades: 9-12 | 309 students
2825 W 116th Street
Carmel, IN 46032
IndianapolisGrades: 9-12 | 435 students
5000 Nowland Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46201
IndianapolisGrades: 9-12 | 316 students
7525 W 21st Street
Indianapolis, IN 46214
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.