|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild learning differences|
|Total Students||274 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 10%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15 / Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Admissions Director||Lyn Baird|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Cross Country, Nordic Skiing, Ultimate FrisbeeCross Country, Nordic Skiing,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Model U.N., One Act Play, Robotics, Social Inclusion Committee, Yearbook Model U.N., One Act Play, Robotics, Yearbook, Social Inclusion Committee,
- Founded in 1984 as Merriconeag Waldorf School, Maine Coast Waldorf serves some 250 students from early childhood through high school. Between our early childhood-8th grade campus in Freeport and our high school at Pineland Farms, our students take advantage of acres of outdoor classrooms and woodland trails.
- The mission of Maine Coast Waldorf School is to awaken the highest potential in every student by fostering clarity of thought, warmth of heart, and strength of resolve to make a difference in the world.
- Our philosophy:
- We develop curious, confident, well-rounded students by engaging their hands, their hearts and their minds.
- We measure our classrooms in acres rather than square feet so that our students appreciate the world around them.
- We foster independent thinking, creative problem solving and a sense of social responsibility because we believe these are skills students need to be successful in life.
Profile last updated: 04/11/2016