Maine Private Schools
- There are 164 private schools in Maine, serving 17,924 students.
- The average private school tuition is $8,271 for elementary schools and $27,884 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 78% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 10% and the student:teacher ratio is 8:1.
Thornton Academy has a brand new Arts & New Media Center where computer programming, digital arts, 3-D Imaging, and movie/TV production.
Our custom built school features lots of natural lighting! One great room for lots of multigrade interactions along with 3 separate classrooms.
Seacoast Waldorf School located in Eliot, ME on 5 acres in Eliot, ME. From nursery all the way to 8th grade.
Lower school children take turns trying kayaking in the stream on Riley Campus under the watchful eye of the Lower school teacher.
Lee Academy, a respected boarding program has hosted students from 16 states, seven Asian countries, five Central American/Caribbean countries, 10 European countries, Australia, Israel and Canada.
Maine Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 11 Schools1,021 Students4% Minority
- 5 Schools332 Students12% Minority
- 44 Schools4,295 Students9% Minority
- 1 Schools85 Students- Minority
- 6 Schools478 Students3% Minority
- 12 Schools1,702 Students5% Minority
- 8 Schools369 Students2% Minority
- 9 Schools940 Students6% Minority
- 11 Schools1,313 Students12% Minority
- 17 Schools1,809 Students23% Minority
- 1 Schools427 Students21% Minority
- 4 Schools273 Students16% Minority
- 7 Schools725 Students6% Minority
- 4 Schools79 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools480 Students13% Minority
- 22 Schools3,596 Students7% Minority
May 10, 2018
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
May 10, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
April 19, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.