Maine Private Schools
- There are 170 private schools in Maine, serving 18,028 students.
- The average private school tuition is $8,271 for elementary schools and $28,598 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 78% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 11% and the student:teacher ratio is 8:1.
Thornton Academy Photo - Thornton Academy has a brand new Arts & New Media Center where computer programming, digital arts, 3-D Imaging, and movie/TV production.
Seacoast Waldorf School Photo - Seacoast Waldorf School located in Eliot, ME on 5 acres in Eliot, ME. From nursery all the way to 8th grade.
Deer Pond Edu-Care, Inc. Photo - Waiting for the bus. Before and after school for Hollis and Waterboro Elementary schools.
The New School Photo - The New School is a small, independent high school serving southern Maine and NH. Visit our website to learn about more our innovative approach and why it is unique among high schools in Maine!
Boxberry School Photo - Our custom built school features lots of natural lighting! One great room for lots of multigrade interactions along with 3 separate classrooms.
School Around Us Photo - Small class sizes and a nurturing environment help children at School Around Us become their best selves academically, socially and emotionally.
Mount Merici Academy Photo - Mount Merici Academy, an Ursuline school, is dedicated to nurturing the whole child- mind, body, and spirit- providing love and guidance so that students can achieve their personal best.In partnership with families, our mission is to instill values of respect, responsibility and self-discipline, teaching students in the Ursuline Serviam tradition of service to our community and the world.
North Yarmouth Academy Photo - North Yarmouth Academy students on their way to classes in the Curtis Building.
John Bapst Memorial High School Photo - John Bapst offers an Accelerated English Program for International Students, which prepares non-native speakers for the same college entrance examinations - the SAT and AP exams - that American students take. Program participants take English and social science classes alongside American students. They also attend a second class daily in vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation and receive help in specific class content areas. The John Bapst English Pledge, which applies during the school day and to television and movies on the weekends, is considered important to the student's overall language improvement.
Maine Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 11 Schools1,036 Students9% Minority
- 5 Schools303 Students5% Minority
- 46 Schools4,356 Students9% Minority
- 1 Schools63 Students2% Minority
- 7 Schools537 Students9% Minority
- 12 Schools1,697 Students7% Minority
- 8 Schools375 Students27% Minority
- 10 Schools980 Students11% Minority
- 12 Schools1,311 Students15% Minority
- 17 Schools1,812 Students13% Minority
- 1 Schools427 Students- Minority
- 4 Schools250 Students27% Minority
- 8 Schools736 Students18% Minority
- 4 Schools93 Students6% Minority
- 2 Schools511 Students22% Minority
- 22 Schools3,592 Students6% Minority
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.
We identify changes in The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which impact not-for-profit private schools.