Top Maine Private Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 165 top private schools in Maine, serving 17,505 students.
- The average private school tuition is $8,119 for elementary schools and $31,196 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 76% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 11% and the student:teacher ratio is 8:1.
Boxberry School Photo - Our custom built school features lots of natural lighting! One great room for lots of multigrade interactions along with 3 separate classrooms.
Juniper Hill School for Place-Based Education Photo - Juniper Hill School for Place-Based Education in Alna, ME.
Deer Pond Edu-Care, Inc. Photo - Waiting for the bus. Before and after school for Hollis and Waterboro Elementary schools.
Hyde School Photo - Campus life at Hyde is all about being an active and engaged member of the community. An emphasis on charactercourage, integrity, leadership, curiosity, and concernprovides the cornerstone for learningin the classrooms, dormitories, the arts, and on the athletic fields.
Mount Merici Academy Photo - Mount Merici Academy, an Ursuline school, is dedicated to nurturing the whole child- mind, body, and spirit- providing love and guidance so that students can achieve their personal best.In partnership with families, our mission is to instill values of respect, responsibility and self-discipline, teaching students in the Ursuline Serviam tradition of service to our community and the world.
Riley School Photo - Lower school children take turns trying kayaking in the stream on Riley Campus under the watchful eye of the Lower school teacher.
Lee Academy Photo - Lee Academy, a respected boarding program has hosted students from 16 states, seven Asian countries, five Central American/Caribbean countries, 10 European countries, Australia, Israel and Canada.
School Around Us Photo - Students help plan and organize class trips at the end of the year which always offer a wide variety of adventures.
Top Maine Private Schools by County (2020)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 11 Schools1,020 Students9% Minority
- 4 Schools228 Students5% Minority
- 44 Schools4,110 Students9% Minority
- 1 Schools63 Students2% Minority
- 7 Schools537 Students9% Minority
- 12 Schools1,659 Students7% Minority
- 8 Schools375 Students27% Minority
- 10 Schools980 Students11% Minority
- 11 Schools1,205 Students15% Minority
- 16 Schools1,750 Students13% Minority
- 1 Schools400 Students- Minority
- 4 Schools256 Students27% Minority
- 8 Schools725 Students18% Minority
- 4 Schools93 Students6% Minority
- 2 Schools511 Students22% Minority
- 22 Schools3,592 Students6% Minority
The desired result of taking the admissions test, visiting schools and submitting all that paperwork is to receive an acceptance letter. Here's how to handle this part of the admissions process.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.