Top Maine Private Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 165 top private schools in Maine, serving 17,509 students.
- The average private school tuition is $7,987 for elementary schools and $30,296 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 77% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 11% and the student:teacher ratio is 8:1.
Cricket Hunt School Photo - Ms. Mahaney's and Mrs. Ashe-Ford's classes (3-5 year olds) celebrate New Year's at school!
Penobscot Christian School Photo - Eathan O'Bryant of the Harlem Globetrotters visited PCS in March 2009 to present the "C.H.E.E.R. for Character" program. It stood for "Character, Healthy Mind & Body, Enthusiasm, Effort, Responsibility."
Lee Academy Photo - Lee Academy, a respected boarding program has hosted students from 16 states, seven Asian countries, five Central American/Caribbean countries, 10 European countries, Australia, Israel and Canada.
Boxberry School Photo - Morning Meeting. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday students participate in Morning Meeting - where they greet one another, share news worthy events that are exciting to them, and also play a quick game before snack time and morning academics.
Maine Coast Semester at Chewonki Photo - During the semester, students live on our 400 acre peninsula. With over five miles of trails and an organic horse powered farm, students always have new places to explore.
Top Maine Private Schools by County (2020)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 11 Schools1,020 Students9% Minority
- 4 Schools228 Students5% Minority
- 44 Schools4,110 Students9% Minority
- 1 Schools63 Students2% Minority
- 7 Schools537 Students9% Minority
- 12 Schools1,659 Students7% Minority
- 8 Schools375 Students27% Minority
- 10 Schools980 Students11% Minority
- 11 Schools1,205 Students15% Minority
- 16 Schools1,750 Students13% Minority
- 1 Schools400 Students- Minority
- 4 Schools256 Students27% Minority
- 8 Schools725 Students18% Minority
- 4 Schools93 Students6% Minority
- 2 Schools511 Students22% Minority
- 22 Schools3,592 Students6% Minority
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.