Top Maine Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 170 top private schools in Maine, serving 18,006 students.
- The average private school tuition is $8,130 for elementary schools and $29,157 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 78% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 11% and the student:teacher ratio is 8:1.
Thornton Academy Photo - Thornton Academy has a brand new Arts & New Media Center where computer programming, digital arts, 3-D Imaging, and movie/TV production.
Seacoast Waldorf School Photo - Seacoast Waldorf School located in Eliot, ME on 5 acres in Eliot, ME. From nursery all the way to 8th grade.
North Yarmouth Academy Photo - North Yarmouth Academy students on their way to classes in the Curtis Building.
John Bapst Memorial High School Photo - John Bapst offers an Accelerated English Program for International Students, which prepares non-native speakers for the same college entrance examinations - the SAT and AP exams - that American students take. Program participants take English and social science classes alongside American students. They also attend a second class daily in vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation and receive help in specific class content areas. The John Bapst English Pledge, which applies during the school day and to television and movies on the weekends, is considered important to the student's overall language improvement.
Deer Pond Edu-Care, Inc. Photo - Waiting for the bus. Before and after school for Hollis and Waterboro Elementary schools.
Mount Merici Academy Photo - Mount Merici Academy, an Ursuline school, is dedicated to nurturing the whole child- mind, body, and spirit- providing love and guidance so that students can achieve their personal best.In partnership with families, our mission is to instill values of respect, responsibility and self-discipline, teaching students in the Ursuline Serviam tradition of service to our community and the world.
Hyde School Photo - Located in the quaint and historic shipbuilding city of Bath, Maine, on the Kennebec River, the 145-acre Hyde-Bath School campus was founded in 1966. Year-round, students and faculty enjoy miles of wooded running, bicycling, and cross-country skiing trails that extend beyond the campus.
Boxberry School Photo - Our custom built school features lots of natural lighting! One great room for lots of multigrade interactions along with 3 separate classrooms.
Top Maine Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 11 Schools1,036 Students9% Minority
- 5 Schools303 Students5% Minority
- 46 Schools4,356 Students9% Minority
- 1 Schools63 Students2% Minority
- 7 Schools537 Students9% Minority
- 12 Schools1,697 Students7% Minority
- 8 Schools375 Students27% Minority
- 10 Schools980 Students11% Minority
- 12 Schools1,311 Students15% Minority
- 17 Schools1,812 Students13% Minority
- 1 Schools427 Students- Minority
- 4 Schools250 Students27% Minority
- 8 Schools736 Students18% Minority
- 4 Schools93 Students6% Minority
- 2 Schools511 Students22% Minority
- 22 Schools3,592 Students6% Minority
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.