Top Maine Private Schools
For the 2021 school year, there are 160 top private schools in Maine, serving 17,865 students.
Hyde School Photo - Located in the quaint and historic shipbuilding city of Bath, Maine, on the Kennebec River, the 145-acre Hyde-Bath School campus was founded in 1966. Year-round, students and faculty enjoy miles of wooded running, bicycling, and cross-country skiing trails that extend beyond the campus.
French School of Maine - L'Ecole Francaise du Maine Photo - Beginning in preschool, our weekly swim program at the Casco Bay YMCA is a highlight of our physical education program
Penobscot Christian School Photo - Eathan O'Bryant of the Harlem Globetrotters visited PCS in March 2009 to present the "C.H.E.E.R. for Character" program. It stood for "Character, Healthy Mind & Body, Enthusiasm, Effort, Responsibility."
Hebron Academy Photo - Hebron students enjoy a great sense of community before our weekly School Meeting.
John Bapst Memorial High School Photo - John Bapst offers an Accelerated English Program for International Students, which prepares non-native speakers for the same college entrance examinations - the SAT and AP exams - that American students take. Program participants take English and social science classes alongside American students. They also attend a second class daily in vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation and receive help in specific class content areas. The John Bapst English Pledge, which applies during the school day and to television and movies on the weekends, is considered important to the student's overall language improvement.
Seacoast Waldorf School Photo - Our students follow a set curriculum developed for Waldorf Schools. This is a picture of a Geology block in 6th grade.
Top Maine Private Schools by County (2021)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 13 Schools1,280 Students9% Minority
- 4 Schools227 Students6% Minority
- 43 Schools4,308 Students10% Minority
- 1 Schools49 Students2% Minority
- 7 Schools578 Students8% Minority
- 12 Schools1,599 Students7% Minority
- 8 Schools352 Students5% Minority
- 9 Schools982 Students10% Minority
- 11 Schools1,224 Students15% Minority
- 15 Schools1,642 Students14% Minority
- 1 Schools400 Students- Minority
- 4 Schools256 Students24% Minority
- 8 Schools738 Students17% Minority
- 4 Schools86 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools511 Students22% Minority
- 22 Schools3,697 Students7% Minority
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.