Top Maine Private Schools
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 164 top private schools in Maine, serving 17,828 students.
- The average private school tuition is $8,094 for elementary schools and $30,679 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 76% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 10% and the student:teacher ratio is 8:1.
Cricket Hunt School Photo - Ms. Mahaney's and Mrs. Ashe-Ford's classes (3-5 year olds) celebrate New Year's at school!
Hyde School Photo - Located in the quaint and historic shipbuilding city of Bath, Maine, on the Kennebec River, the 145-acre Hyde-Bath School campus was founded in 1966. Year-round, students and faculty enjoy miles of wooded running, bicycling, and cross-country skiing trails that extend beyond the campus.
The New School Photo - TNS offers ample opportunities for hands-on learning. These math students are honing their skills with a carpentry project.
Boxberry School Photo - Morning Meeting. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday students participate in Morning Meeting - where they greet one another, share news worthy events that are exciting to them, and also play a quick game before snack time and morning academics.
Penobscot Christian School Photo - Eathan O'Bryant of the Harlem Globetrotters visited PCS in March 2009 to present the "C.H.E.E.R. for Character" program. It stood for "Character, Healthy Mind & Body, Enthusiasm, Effort, Responsibility."
Mount Merici Academy Photo - Mount Merici Academy, an Ursuline school, is dedicated to nurturing the whole child- mind, body, and spirit- providing love and guidance so that students can achieve their personal best.In partnership with families, our mission is to instill values of respect, responsibility and self-discipline, teaching students in the Ursuline Serviam tradition of service to our community and the world.
Top Maine Private Schools by County (2020-21)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 13 Schools1,280 Students9% Minority
- 4 Schools227 Students6% Minority
- 43 Schools4,163 Students10% Minority
- 1 Schools49 Students2% Minority
- 7 Schools578 Students8% Minority
- 12 Schools1,643 Students7% Minority
- 8 Schools352 Students5% Minority
- 9 Schools982 Students10% Minority
- 11 Schools1,224 Students15% Minority
- 15 Schools1,642 Students14% Minority
- 1 Schools400 Students- Minority
- 4 Schools256 Students24% Minority
- 8 Schools738 Students17% Minority
- 4 Schools86 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools511 Students22% Minority
- 22 Schools3,697 Students7% Minority
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.