Maine Private Schools
- There are 164 private schools in Maine, serving 17,797 students.
- The average private school tuition is $7,960 for elementary schools and $27,053 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 79% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 9% and the student:teacher ratio is 8:1.
Ashwood Waldorf School's new grade school building finished in fall of 2009. Photo by Douglas Mott Photographer.
Lower school children take turns trying kayaking in the stream on Riley Campus under the watchful eye of the Lower school teacher.
Lee Academy, a respected boarding program has hosted students from 16 states, seven Asian countries, five Central American/Caribbean countries, 10 European countries, Australia, Israel and Canada.
Mount Merici Academy, an Ursuline school, is dedicated to nurturing the whole child- mind, body, and spirit- providing love and guidance so that students can achieve their personal best.In partnership with families, our mission is to instill values of respect, responsibility and self-discipline, teaching students in the Ursuline Serviam tradition of service to our community and the world.
Seacoast Waldorf School located in Eliot, ME on 5 acres in Eliot, ME. From nursery all the way to 8th grade.
Eathan O'Bryant of the Harlem Globetrotters visited PCS in March 2009 to present the 'C.H.E.E.R. for Character' program. It stood for 'Character, Healthy Mind & Body, Enthusiasm, Effort, Responsibility.'
Maine Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 11 Schools1,021 Students4% Minority
- 5 Schools332 Students12% Minority
- 44 Schools4,240 Students9% Minority
- 1 Schools85 Students- Minority
- 6 Schools478 Students3% Minority
- 12 Schools1,702 Students5% Minority
- 8 Schools369 Students2% Minority
- 9 Schools933 Students6% Minority
- 11 Schools1,313 Students12% Minority
- 17 Schools1,809 Students23% Minority
- 1 Schools427 Students21% Minority
- 4 Schools273 Students16% Minority
- 7 Schools725 Students6% Minority
- 4 Schools79 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools480 Students13% Minority
- 22 Schools3,531 Students7% Minority
December 12, 2017
If you have not looked for a job in the past several years, your job search probably needs a refresh. Here's how to do it.
December 12, 2017
You won't find several things in private schools which you will find in public schools.
December 04, 2017
If you are responsible for marketing your school, you probably have encountered the term SEO. If you are unfamiliar with SEO, this article will introduce you to the basic concepts.