Top Maine Schools By Membership Association
- For the 2020 school year, there are 29 top school membership associations in Maine, serving 106 private schools (64% of all schools) and 15,046 students.
- The most popular school membership associations are Other school association(s) (21% of schools), National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) (19% of schools) and New England Association of Schools and Colleges (16% of schools).
Hebron Academy Photo - Hebron students enjoy a great sense of community before our weekly School Meeting.
Deer Pond Edu-Care, Inc. Photo - Waiting for the bus. Before and after school for Hollis and Waterboro Elementary schools.
Penobscot Christian School Photo - Eathan O'Bryant of the Harlem Globetrotters visited PCS in March 2009 to present the "C.H.E.E.R. for Character" program. It stood for "Character, Healthy Mind & Body, Enthusiasm, Effort, Responsibility."
John Bapst Memorial High School Photo - John Bapst offers an Accelerated English Program for International Students, which prepares non-native speakers for the same college entrance examinations - the SAT and AP exams - that American students take. Program participants take English and social science classes alongside American students. They also attend a second class daily in vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation and receive help in specific class content areas. The John Bapst English Pledge, which applies during the school day and to television and movies on the weekends, is considered important to the student's overall language improvement.
Maine Coast Semester at Chewonki Photo - During the semester, students live on our 400 acre peninsula. With over five miles of trails and an organic horse powered farm, students always have new places to explore.
Lee Academy Photo - Lee Academy, a respected boarding program has hosted students from 16 states, seven Asian countries, five Central American/Caribbean countries, 10 European countries, Australia, Israel and Canada.
Seacoast Waldorf School Photo - Our students follow a set curriculum developed for Waldorf Schools. This is a picture of a Geology block in 6th grade.
Hyde School Photo - Located in the quaint and historic shipbuilding city of Bath, Maine, on the Kennebec River, the 145-acre Hyde-Bath School campus was founded in 1966. Year-round, students and faculty enjoy miles of wooded running, bicycling, and cross-country skiing trails that extend beyond the campus.
Top Maine Private Schools by Membership Association (2020)
- Membership Association# Schools# Students% Minority
- 7 Schools193 Students4.17% Minority
- 1 Schools34 Students15.79% Minority
- 1 Schools34 Students17.65% Minority
- 9 Schools385 Students5.45% Minority
- 9 Schools564 Students7.14% Minority
- 12 Schools1,302 Students10.78% Minority
- 1 Schools17 Students- Minority
- 4 Schools1,568 Students15.54% Minority
- 4 Schools587 Students3.26% Minority
- 1 Schools54 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools231 Students2.16% Minority
- 1 Schools81 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools109 Students- Minority
- 4 Schools40 Students2.56% Minority
- 1 Schools400 Students7.43% Minority
- 7 Schools372 Students6.85% Minority
- 20 Schools8,061 Students12.06% Minority
- 2 Schools529 Students4.08% Minority
- 1 Schools148 Students9.92% Minority
- 7 Schools1,659 Students8.15% Minority
- 1 Schools63 Students1.67% Minority
- 17 Schools4,397 Students14.15% Minority
- 5 Schools186 Students6.90% Minority
- 7 Schools300 Students7.20% Minority
- 5 Schools201 Students3.14% Minority
- 22 Schools5,013 Students12.18% Minority
- 3 Schools104 Students2.86% Minority
- 10 Schools3,684 Students12.05% Minority
- 8 Schools3,615 Students14.88% Minority
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.