Top Maine Schools By Membership Association
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 29 top school membership associations in Maine, serving 106 private schools (64% of all schools) and 15,041 students.
- The most popular school membership associations are Other school association(s) (21% of schools), National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) (19% of schools) and New England Association of Schools and Colleges (16% of schools).
Penobscot Christian School Photo - Eathan O'Bryant of the Harlem Globetrotters visited PCS in March 2009 to present the "C.H.E.E.R. for Character" program. It stood for "Character, Healthy Mind & Body, Enthusiasm, Effort, Responsibility."
Hebron Academy Photo - Hebron students enjoy a great sense of community before our weekly School Meeting.
Mount Merici Academy Photo - Mount Merici Academy, an Ursuline school, is dedicated to nurturing the whole child- mind, body, and spirit- providing love and guidance so that students can achieve their personal best.In partnership with families, our mission is to instill values of respect, responsibility and self-discipline, teaching students in the Ursuline Serviam tradition of service to our community and the world.
Seacoast Waldorf School Photo - Seacoast Waldorf School located in Eliot, ME on 5 acres in Eliot, ME. From nursery all the way to 8th grade.
Top Maine Private Schools by Membership Association (2019-20)
- Membership Association# Schools# Students% Minority
- 7 Schools193 Students4.17% Minority
- 1 Schools34 Students15.79% Minority
- 1 Schools34 Students17.65% Minority
- 9 Schools385 Students5.45% Minority
- 9 Schools564 Students7.14% Minority
- 12 Schools1,302 Students10.78% Minority
- 1 Schools17 Students- Minority
- 4 Schools1,568 Students15.54% Minority
- 4 Schools587 Students3.26% Minority
- 1 Schools54 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools231 Students2.16% Minority
- 1 Schools81 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools109 Students- Minority
- 4 Schools40 Students2.56% Minority
- 1 Schools400 Students7.43% Minority
- 7 Schools372 Students6.85% Minority
- 20 Schools8,061 Students12.06% Minority
- 2 Schools529 Students4.08% Minority
- 1 Schools148 Students9.92% Minority
- 7 Schools1,659 Students8.15% Minority
- 1 Schools63 Students1.67% Minority
- 17 Schools4,392 Students14.15% Minority
- 5 Schools186 Students6.90% Minority
- 7 Schools300 Students7.20% Minority
- 5 Schools201 Students3.14% Minority
- 22 Schools5,008 Students12.18% Minority
- 3 Schools104 Students2.86% Minority
- 10 Schools3,684 Students12.05% Minority
- 8 Schools3,615 Students14.88% Minority
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?