Top Maine Schools By Membership Association
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 30 top school membership associations in Maine, serving 105 private schools (64% of all schools) and 14,965 students.
- The most popular school membership associations are Other school association(s) (22% of schools), National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) (19% of schools) and New England Association of Schools and Colleges (16% of schools).
Penobscot Christian School Photo - Eathan O'Bryant of the Harlem Globetrotters visited PCS in March 2009 to present the "C.H.E.E.R. for Character" program. It stood for "Character, Healthy Mind & Body, Enthusiasm, Effort, Responsibility."
John Bapst Memorial High School Photo - John Bapst offers a multitude of extracurricular activities for students, including a State Championship-level Chess Team, the 2010 State Championship Math Team, and the 2010 State Championship Jazz Band as well as Key Club, National Honor Society, Student Environmental Action Club, Civil Rights Team, and many more.
Seacoast Waldorf School Photo - Seacoast Waldorf School located in Eliot, ME on 5 acres in Eliot, ME. From nursery all the way to 8th grade.
French School of Maine - L'Ecole Francaise du Maine Photo - Fostering independence and self-discovery through the exchange of language, culture and ideas
Hyde School Photo - Campus life at Hyde is all about being an active and engaged member of the community. An emphasis on charactercourage, integrity, leadership, curiosity, and concernprovides the cornerstone for learningin the classrooms, dormitories, the arts, and on the athletic fields.
Lee Academy Photo - Lee Academy, a respected boarding program has hosted students from 16 states, seven Asian countries, five Central American/Caribbean countries, 10 European countries, Australia, Israel and Canada.
Cheverus High School Photo - Ask any alum what the best part of attending Cheverus was and they will tell you about the community and lifelong friendships they developed here. Our students come from diverse backgrounds, but they all share something very important -- a sense of belonging to the Cheverus community. Cheverus is a welcoming and safe place for students to grow academically, socially.
Top Maine Private Schools by Membership Association (2020-21)
- Membership Association# Schools# Students% Minority
- 7 Schools192 Students1.75% Minority
- 1 Schools30 Students15.79% Minority
- 1 Schools23 Students17.65% Minority
- 9 Schools371 Students7.35% Minority
- 9 Schools640 Students5.78% Minority
- 12 Schools1,299 Students11.52% Minority
- 1 Schools26 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools107 Students5.26% Minority
- 4 Schools1,568 Students15.54% Minority
- 4 Schools587 Students3.26% Minority
- 1 Schools54 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools231 Students2.16% Minority
- 1 Schools81 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools109 Students- Minority
- 4 Schools43 Students16.22% Minority
- 1 Schools400 Students7.43% Minority
- 7 Schools465 Students7.41% Minority
- 20 Schools7,978 Students12.33% Minority
- 2 Schools531 Students4.07% Minority
- 1 Schools168 Students10.00% Minority
- 7 Schools1,611 Students8.32% Minority
- 1 Schools49 Students2.44% Minority
- 17 Schools4,406 Students14.19% Minority
- 5 Schools186 Students6.90% Minority
- 6 Schools320 Students5.66% Minority
- 5 Schools190 Students3.74% Minority
- 23 Schools5,049 Students10.25% Minority
- 4 Schools193 Students3.51% Minority
- 10 Schools3,675 Students11.82% Minority
- 8 Schools3,615 Students14.88% Minority
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.