Top Maine Religiously Affiliated Schools
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 64 top religiously affiliated private schools in Maine (39% of all schools), serving 5,991 students.
Cheverus High School Photo - High School is a time of growth, change, and discovery. At Cheverus, we accompany students and families through this exciting and sometimes challenging time in their lives. Our goal is to educate students in a deep and meaningful way. Our approach to education is meant to prepare students for college -- and for life.
Penobscot Christian School Photo - Eathan O'Bryant of the Harlem Globetrotters visited PCS in March 2009 to present the "C.H.E.E.R. for Character" program. It stood for "Character, Healthy Mind & Body, Enthusiasm, Effort, Responsibility."
Mount Merici Academy Photo - Mount Merici Academy, an Ursuline school, is dedicated to nurturing the whole child- mind, body, and spirit- providing love and guidance so that students can achieve their personal best.In partnership with families, our mission is to instill values of respect, responsibility and self-discipline, teaching students in the Ursuline Serviam tradition of service to our community and the world.
Top Maine Private Schools by Religious Affiliation (2020-21)
- Religious Affiliation# Schools# Students% Minority
- 2 Schools88 Students3.85% Minority
- 15 Schools1,002 Students5.30% Minority
- 1 Schools8 Students64.71% Minority
- 17 Schools1,468 Students10.79% Minority
- 1 Schools109 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools30 Students15.79% Minority
- 1 Schools27 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools221 Students18.52% Minority
- 2 Schools300 Students5.93% Minority
- 4 Schools66 Students1.59% Minority
- 13 Schools2,484 Students7.92% Minority
- 6 Schools188 Students21.98% Minority
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.