With a long history of educating children in San Francisco, since 1888, the Saint Brigid community embraces our city with vigor. Of course students and faculty are avid Giants fans.
Collaboration with the Academy of Art University enables students to learn from professional artists as they paint a mural in our schoolyard.
An active parent community provides coaching, fundraising, and community building among Saint Brigid Families.
- Saint Brigid is a WCEA accredited school with strong academic foundation.
- We provide the opportunity and motivation for a child to develop spiritually, intellectually, physically, and socially.
- We value the uniqueness and dignity of each person and promote a warm, caring community that acknowledges our cultutally diverse student body.
- The school continues to be maintained in the excellent tradition of its long history.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language-based or Mild learning Differences|
|Total Students||255 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||28 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,800|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Malia Peterson|
|Admissions Associate||Sister Angeles Marin|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Dance,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Seed, Chess Club, Choir, Dance, Guitar & Drums, Karate, Lego League, Piano, Voice Art Seed, Chess Club, Choir, Dance, Guitar & Drums, Karate, Lego League, Piano, Voice,|
- Spanish is introduced in kindergarten throgh grade 2, and becomes a rigorous academic subject in grade 3-8.
- Outstanding choir, offered to students in grades 3-8, performs at Saint Mary's Cathedral, throughout the Bay Area, and recently returned from a children's choir festival in Rome.
- Technology, Music, Art, and P. E. are part of the curriculum in all grades.
- Grade specific enrichment includes outdoor education in grade 5, drama program in grade 7, art exploration in grade 6, confirmation in grade 8.
- Extended care is offered before school at 7:00A.M. and after school from dismissal to 6:00 PM.
- Extra curricular activities include sports, piano. dance, voice, choir, karate, chess, and robotics.
- Active parent community provides fundraising and community building events.
Profile last updated: 01/18/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San FranciscoGrades: NS-8 | 274 students
San Francisco, CA 94118
San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 618 students
660 Vicente Street
San Francisco, CA 94116
San FranciscoGrades: KG-7 | 204 students
5950 Geary Blvd
San Francisco, CA 94121
San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 391 students
1560 40th Ave
San Francisco, CA 94122
San FranciscoGrades: PK-8 | 510 students
1320 14th Ave
San Francisco, CA 94122
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.