- Founded in 1960 in Portland, Maine, Spurwink has developed into a premiere treatment facility that has gained the respect and admiration of state leaders, mental health providers and communities throughout Maine.
- We are a network of professionals providing mental health, educational and residential services for children, adolescents and adults.
- Spurwink works to improve and maintain the highest possible level of functioning for individuals served.
- Spurwink provides a stable, emotionally supportive environment in which clients can develop self-esteem and learn new skills.
- The wide array of programs and services is designed to meet the identified needs of each client and, to this end, each client's program is highly individualized and continually reviewed, monitored and refined.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council of Bilingual Education|
|Total Students||231 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 10%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
People that viewed Spurwink School also viewed these schools: Aucocisco School, The Maine Girls' Academy (formerly Catherine McAuley High School) and St Brigid School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Cape ElizabethGrades: 3-12 | 27 students
126 Spurwink Ave
Cape Elizabeth, ME 04107
PortlandGrades: 9-12 | 145 students
631 Stevens Avenue
Portland, ME 04103
PortlandGrades: PK-8 | 342 students
695 Stevens Ave
Portland, ME 04103
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.