Levey Day School
4.75 (4 reviews)
Tel: (207) 776-7474
- Levey has a diverse student body (Pre-K to middle school) who learns and masters the skills to be independent thinkers, learners, researchers, communicators, makers, and builders. A personalized program throughout the rich curriculum provides students the 21st century competencies to succeed in school and in life. Levey is a fully accredited independent school and Northern New England's only Jewish day school. We welcome families of all faiths and backgrounds.
Levey Day School places among the top 20% of private schools in Maine for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-7|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences, speech, mild autism|
|Total Students||30 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 10%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,000|
|Tuition Notes||Incredible tuition assistance program|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jeffrey Tremblay|
|Admissions Associate||Bryan Densmore|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Sports||Intramural Sports OnlyIntramural Sports Only|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
- Levey is a kind, warm, embracing community of learners where creativity flourishes and friendships thrive. We offer small class sizes, world language (Hebrew), strong character education program (Responsive Classroom), a robust arts program, environmental stewardship, and many student leadership opportunities.
- Levey graduates leaders who act creatively, think critically, embrace diversity, radiate joyful confidence, and demonstrate loving kindness.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portland Grades: PK-K | 98 students
721 Stevens Ave
Portland, ME 04103
(207) 797-9366 1.3 PK-K
- Portland Grades: NS-8 | 242 students
695 Stevens Ave
Portland, ME 04103
(207) 797-7073 1.3 NS-8
- Portland Grades: PK | 6 students
87 High St.
Portland, ME 04101
(207) 871-7444 1.4 PK
- Portland Grades: NS | 231 students
899 Riverside Street
Portland, ME 04103
(207) 771-1354 1.4 NS
Can`t say enough about this small special gem of an independent school. We are accepted, celebrated, and included in everything the school offers, which is a lot. We love the partnership with teachers and staff. There`s a me Head of School with tons of experience in independent schools in California and Connecticut. Families are cherished here. Children are beloved, taught and challenged to be their very best selves.
- Posted by Parent - Jeffrey Tremblay
Levey is a special school where my daughter has flourished academically and socially. It has a nurturing, experienced, and caring staff, and the small class sizes allow for so much individualized teaching. I also love its pluralistic approach to Judaism and other religions: all types of observance are celebrated
- Posted by Parent - AG
Levey is a wonderful school for kids of all types and religious backgrounds/orientations. My daughter gets the personal attention and nurturing I want for her as well as strong academic skills. I love that she is learning, not only how to read and write (english and hebrew) but that she is also learning about being a kind, considerate, active citizen of the Earth and our community. She has fun, loves her teachers, and is growing in so many ways. It's also more affordable than other private schools in the area and provides financial aid to those who need it. If you''re looking at alternatives to your local public school, look into Levey!
- Posted by Parent - rache
Levey Day School is a great place for my daughter. She is getting a well-rounded education while learning the same important values I try to teach her at home. I''m looking forward to sending my son there, too, when he is old enough. They really encourage a love of learning and focus on each individual child.
- Posted by Parent - rebec
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.