- Top Ranked ME School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 590 students
- Yearly Tuition: $40,410
- Acceptance rate: 50%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15
View the Berwick Academy yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
Academics and Faculty
(four pocket pants, no jeans, modest attire for girls)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Gay Straight Alliance, Investment Club, Literary Magazine, Math Team, Mock Trial, Model United Nations, Outdoors Club, Student Government
Arts and Music Programs:
A Capella, Dance, Lower School Music Classes, Middle School African Drumming, Middle School Chorus, Middle School Jazz Band, Upper School Band, Upper School Choir, Upper School Jazz Ensemble
- Vision Statement:
- By 2020, Berwick Academy will become a nationally recognized coeducational day school. We seek this recognition for the unique qualities of the Berwick experience. Excellence at Berwick will continue to be attained by local Seacoast day students who stretch and engage in ways that catalyze achievement of their individual potential in all areas of school life. Berwick will be further distinguished in its peer group through its synergistic relationship with the values and priorities of Seacoast families, which include quality of life, balance, perspective, and authenticity.
- This combination of national excellence and Seacoast values will result in Berwick being pursued by educators from across the nation and by prospective Seacoast students and families. Berwick Academy`s culture and first-rate facilities will be known as a reason for families to relocate to our area. Our graduates will be equipped to thrive at the finest and most diverse colleges and universities in the country, but they will be grounded by the core values of our community.
- We will bring this vision to fruition by engaging the talent and resourcefulness of our exceptional students, faculty, staff, trustees, alumni, and parent community. Together we will improve all aspects of the school with particular focus on enhancing our programs and bolstering financial durability. We will know that our vision has been realized when enrollment selectivity has increased substantially, net endowment has improved significantly, and other private day school educators routinely seek our input on teaching, finance, diversity, program, and campus development.
- Statement of Community:
- Berwick Academy affirms its commitment to creating an inclusive and welcoming community that celebrates the unique qualities of every individual while encouraging active engagement in a diverse world. We strive to support and attract students, faculty, staff, and administrators whose varied backgrounds, including race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, family composition, physical difference, and socioeconomic status strengthen our community. Through our curriculum, extracurricular activities, and community building efforts, we prepare students to become leaders who challenge preconceptions, value difference, and catalyze divergent ideas to realize Berwick`s mission of "promoting virtue and useful knowledge."
Endorse Berwick Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards