- Fryeburg Academy is an independent secondary school that serves a diverse population of local day students and boarding students from across the nation and around the world.
- The Academy believes that a strong school community provides the best conditions for learning and growth.
- Therefore, we strive to create a supportive school environment that promotes respect, tolerance, and cooperation, and prepares students for responsible citizenship.
- Within this context, the Academy's challenging and comprehensive academic program, enriched by a varied co-curriculum provides the knowledge and skills necessary for success in higher education and the workplace.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||583 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 10%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||62 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Latin, Advanced Placement Biology, Advanced Placement Calculus AB, Advanced Placement Calculus BC, Advanced Placement Chemistry, Advanced Placement Computer AB, Advanced Placement English Language and Composition, Advanced Placement English Literature and Composition, Advanced Placement Environmental Science, Advanced Placement French Language, Advanced Placement Modern European History, Advanced Placement Music Theory, Advanced Placement Physics, Advanced Placement Spanish Language, Advanced Placement Statistics, Advanced Placement United States History, History 101/102, Organic Chemistry|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$50,500|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$24,575|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Joseph Manning|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||45 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Admission Tour Guides, All School Play, Art Club, Big Band, Birth of the Cool Combo, Chorus, Climbing Club, Dorm Prefects, Eklektic Jazz Choir, Environment Club, Film Making Club, Fine Arts Club, French Club, Fryeburg Academy Community Endeavors, Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), Health Club Membership, Ice Skating, Interact Club, International Club, Intramural Sports, Jazz Club, Latin Club, Math Team, Microbiology Club, National Honor Society, One Act Play, Outdoor Club, Peer Tutoring, Photography, Ping Pong Club, Robotics Club, Rock Band, School Musical, School Newspaper, Sculpting, Seven Steps Combo, Spanish Club, Speaking Partners Program, Student Council, Theater, Ultimate Frisbee, Vocal Jazz Ensemble, Woodworking, Yearkbook, Yoga
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cheshire Grades: 9-12 | 344 students
10 Main St
Cheshire, CT 06410
(203)439-7250 200.3 9-12
- New Milford Grades: 9-12 | 328 students
New Milford, CT 06776
(860)210-3800 209.2 9-12
- Ashburnham Grades: 9-12 | 400 students
39 School Street
Ashburnham, MA 01430
(978)827-7000 105.4 9-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.