- Fryeburg Academy is an independent secondary school that serves a diverse population of local day students and boarding students from across the nation and around the world.
- The Academy believes that a strong school community provides the best conditions for learning and growth.
- Therefore, we strive to create a supportive school environment that promotes respect, tolerance, and cooperation, and prepares students for responsible citizenship.
- Within this context, the Academy's challenging and comprehensive academic program, enriched by a varied co-curriculum provides the knowledge and skills necessary for success in higher education and the workplace.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||583 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 11%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||62 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Latin, Advanced Placement Biology, Advanced Placement Calculus AB, Advanced Placement Calculus BC, Advanced Placement Chemistry, Advanced Placement Computer AB, Advanced Placement English Language and Composition, Advanced Placement English Literature and Composition, Advanced Placement Environmental Science, Advanced Placement French Language, Advanced Placement Modern European History, Advanced Placement Music Theory, Advanced Placement Physics, Advanced Placement Spanish Language, Advanced Placement Statistics, Advanced Placement United States History, History 101/102, Organic Chemistry,|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$49,500|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$24,575|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Joseph Manning|
|Admissions Associate||Abby Chaffee|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||43 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Admission Tour Guides, All School Play, Art Club, Big Band, Birth of the Cool Combo, Chorus, Climbing Club, Dorm Prefects, Eklektic Jazz Choir, Environment Club, Film Making Club, Fine Arts Club, French Club, Fryeburg Academy Community Endeavors, Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), Health Club Membership, Ice Skating, Interact Club, International Club, Intramural Sports, Jazz Club, Latin Club, Math Team, National Honor Society, One Act Play, Outdoor Club, Peer Tutoring, Photography, Ping Pong Club, Rock Band, School Musical, School Newspaper, Sculpting, Seven Steps Combo, Spanish Club, Speaking Partners Program, Student Council, Theater, Ultimate Frisbee, Vocal Jazz Ensemble, Woodworking, Yearkbook, Yoga
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tilton Grades: 9-12 | 257 students
30 School Street
Tilton, NH 03276
(603)286-1733 50.8 9-12
- Bethel Grades: 9-12 | 256 students
Po Box 860
Bethel, ME 04217
(207)824-7712 19.3 9-12
- Conway Grades: NS-8 | 86 students
1371 Nh Rt 16
Conway, NH 03818
(603)447-3168 9.1 NS-8
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.