- Gould Academy is more than a 9- 12 independent college prep school. It’s a place where students participate actively in shaping their education by taking advantage of opportunities that extend beyond the classroom.
- The result is a co-created, individualized educational experience with active mentoring through multimodal learning.
- These modalities include experiential learning and international travel through Gould’s Four Point Program, partnerships with outside resources like Gould’s distance learning partnership with the Manhattan School of Music, and Gould’s IDEAS Center where students collaborate, design and build their ideas and put them into action.
- At Gould students are both supported and challenged as they discover and foster their own interests in a creative and disciplined manner.
- Located in Bethel, Maine, Gould students have the multiple advantages of living in a lively New England village with access to Sunday River Ski Resort.
- With structured athletic on-snow programs, avenues for recreation, and opportunities to appreciate the natural world, Sunday River is an important learning venue for all students.
- In an environment that values both individuality and community, Gould students earn the confidence, self-direction and capacity for global thinking that equips them for purposeful lives of active citizenship and self-defined success in our world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||256 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English Language, English Literature, Government Comparative, Physics, Statistics, US History,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$53,500|
|Tuition Notes||Day Tuition $31,000.00|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Associate||Rebecca Andreozzi|
|Total Sports Offered||19 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Cycling, Dance, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Nordic Skiing, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, TennisAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Cycling,
Field Hockey, Freestyle Skiing,
Mountain Biking, Nordic Skiing,
Rock Climbing, Snowboarding,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PutneyGrades: 9-12 | 226 students
418 Houghton Brook Rd
Putney, VT 05346
- Saxtons RiverGrades: 9-12 | 246 students
P.O. Box 500
Saxtons River, VT 05154
- MeridenGrades: 9-12 | 340 students
7 Campus Center Drive
Meriden, NH 03770
- KingfieldGrades: 7-12 | 85 students
3197 Carrabassett Dr
Kingfield, ME 04947
- FryeburgGrades: 9-12 | 583 students
745 Main St
Fryeburg, ME 04037