Carrabassett Valley Academy
- Top Ranked ME School
- Grades: 7-12
- Enrollment: 130 students
- Yearly Tuition: $61,595
- Acceptance rate: 75%
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: Apr. 1 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Carrabassett Valley Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Maine for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- WHO WE ARE Carrabassett Valley Academy is a private middle/high school at Sugarloaf Mountain in Maine offering a unique balance of college preparatory academics and competitive ski and snowboard training. OUR ADVANTAGES We are the leader in delivering programs that enable students from 7th grade to Post-graduate to obtain a rigorous college preparatory education while pursuing athletic aspirations. It's a time tested integration of academics, athletics, and community providing a framework for students to become confident, independent, and advocates for themselves. OUR EXPERIENCE For 30 years we have been nestled in the western mountains of Maine. We have earned more Olympic medals for skiing and snowboarding than some small countries and have graduated student into the most prestigious colleges and universities and prepared them to be responsible, caring citizens who know the value of hard work and commitment. OUR PHILOSOPHY CVA is more than a school; it is a way of life that is shaped by the ruggedness of the terrain and environment. We create an experience not found elsewhere, an experience that creates growth, opportunity, and choices. A full-on academic, athletic, and community experience that is life-changing. OUR APPROACH We are student centered. We tap into a student's passion for skiing/snowboarding, love of the outdoors and willingness to work hard. We use that passion to help a student achieve his/her personal best with the goal of creating the strongest high school resume, so upon graduation, he/she has the most post-secondary academic and athletic choices
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Carrabassett Valley Academy cost?
Carrabassett Valley Academy's tuition is approximately $61,595 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Carrabassett Valley Academy?
The acceptance rate of Carrabassett Valley Academy is 75%, which is higher than the national average of 74%.
What sports does Carrabassett Valley Academy offer?
Carrabassett Valley Academy offers 7 interscholastic sports: Alpine Skiing, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Mountain Biking, Snowboarding, Soccer and Tennis.
What is Carrabassett Valley Academy's ranking?
Carrabassett Valley Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Maine for: Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees.
When is the application deadline for Carrabassett Valley Academy?
The application deadline for Carrabassett Valley Academy is Apr. 1 / rolling (applications are due on Apr. 1 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse Carrabassett Valley Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards