Bancroft School empowers students from pre-K to high school to own their learning.
As Worcester`s premier college preparatory co-ed day school, Bancroft serves curious learners from Central Massachusetts and Boston MetroWest.
We create learning environments that inspire students to ask questions, share ideas, challenge convention, and solve problems through inquiry and curiosity. Bancroft alumni go on to thrive as self-aware, well-versed, confident leaders in a complex world.
- Top Ranked MA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Average class size: 13 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 1 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English Language and Composition, AP European History, AP French Language and Culture, AP Latin - Vergil & Caesar, AP Physics C (Mechanics), AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature, AP Studio Art
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Feb. 1 / rolling
PreKindergarten $18,700 through Grade 12 $42,500
% on Financial Aid
Susie Whelan Horan
Total Sports Offered
Bancroft At A Glance
- Who we are: The premier PreK-12 coeducational independent day school serving Central Massachusetts and MetroWest Boston
- Location: 34-acre campus with 16 acres of athletic fields on the northeast side of Worcester, Massachusetts
- How we began: Founded by parents in 1900
- Enrollment: Approximately 400 students from 63 cities and towns, including 20 international students in the Upper School
- Student/teacher ratio: averages 5:1
- Average class size: 13 students
- Advanced Placement: 17 Courses and Independent Studies
- Diversity: 31% students of color
- College Matriculation: 100%
- Graduates: Attend the most competitive colleges and universities in the U.S. and abroad
- Alumni: 4,000 affiliated worldwide
- Faculty/Staff: 124, 67% of whom hold advanced degrees
- Financial Aid: $3 million awarded annually
- Endowment: $27 million
- Libraries: 2, which include more than 50 online research databases and thousands of e-books
- Sustainable Energy: 900 Solar Panels providing 17% of Bancroft's energy needs
- Accreditation: NEASC-accredited and a member of AISNE and NAIS
Source: Verified school update
We`ve had two children go K-12 at Bancroft and can`t say enough good things about it. It`s academically superb - and students go on to great colleges - but somehow manages to avoid the rigid, pressure cooker environment of many strong schools. The "learning lab" approach to teaching makes their learning more engaging and real, and the kids love it. Great sports and extra curriculars too! Love it!
Best school ever! They support kids with learning issues by having them in their own class and a school day is very productive, you never sit their and do a worksheet, you are playing games related to the subject you are doing and having fun while you do it.
Endorse Bancroft School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Which Schools Did Our Presidents Attend? Part 3 - Wilson to Trump
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
School Security: It Could Never Happen Here Or Could It?
School shootings and other emergency situations won't happen in your school, right? Who knows! Better to put in place the steps necessary to protect the school community than to be caught unprepared.
July 06, 2022Parents' FAQs About Private School
You have dozens of reasons why you think a private school is a good option for your child. But you also have some concerns. We address those here.