Bancroft School empowers students from pre-K to high school to own their learning.
As Worcester`s premier college preparatory co-ed day school, Bancroft serves curious learners from Central Massachusetts and Boston MetroWest.
We create learning environments that inspire students to ask questions, share ideas, challenge convention, and solve problems through inquiry and curiosity. Bancroft alumni go on to thrive as self-aware, well-versed, confident leaders in a complex world.
- Top Ranked MA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Average class size: 13 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 1 / rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 27%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English Language and Composition, AP European History, AP French Language and Culture, AP Latin - Vergil & Caesar, AP Physics C (Mechanics), AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature, AP Studio Art
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Feb. 1 / rolling
PreKindergarten $14,000 through Grade 12 $38,200
% on Financial Aid
Mr. Sean Ganas
Total Sports Offered
Bancroft At A Glance
- Who we are: The premier PreK-12 coeducational independent day school serving Central Massachusetts and MetroWest Boston
- Location: 34-acre campus with 16 acres of athletic fields on the northeast side of Worcester, Massachusetts
- How we began: Founded by parents in 1900
- Enrollment: 450 students from 55 cities and towns, including 20 international students in the Upper School
- Student/teacher ratio: averages 8:1
- Average class size: 13 students
- Advanced Placement: 17 Courses and Independent Studies
- Diversity: 25% students of color
- College Matriculation: 100%
- Graduates: Attend the most competitive colleges and universities in the U.S. and abroad
- Alumni: 3,500 affiliated worldwide
- Faculty/Staff: number 124, 67% of whom hold advanced degrees
- Financial Aid: $3 million awarded annually
- Endowment: $27 million
- Libraries: 2, which include more than 50 online research databases and thousands of e-books
- Sustainable Energy: 900 Solar Panels providing 17% of Bancroft's energy needs
- Accreditation: NEASC-accredited and a member of AISNE and NAIS
Profile last updated: 10/02/2020
We`ve had two children go K-12 at Bancroft and can`t say enough good things about it. It`s academically superb - and students go on to great colleges - but somehow manages to avoid the rigid, pressure cooker environment of many strong schools. The "learning lab" approach to teaching makes their learning more engaging and real, and the kids love it. Great sports and extra curriculars too! Love it!
Best school ever! They support kids with learning issues by having them in their own class and a school day is very productive, you never sit their and do a worksheet, you are playing games related to the subject you are doing and having fun while you do it.
Endorse Bancroft School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Identifying Your School's Brand
Creating a brand identity for your school is an essential part of your marketing strategy. We walk you through the process.
7 Reasons Why Private School May Be The Right Choice
Private schools come in a wide variety of educational approaches. We show you how to refine your school search.
June 01, 2021What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.