Shrewsbury Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (508) 842-2116
Shrewsbury Montessori School Photo #2 - Children's House students learn about seeds in Gardening class.
- Our mission is to prepare and foster the development of the whole child in a safe and nurturing environment while sparking their natural curiosity and their innate love to learn.
- With the teacher as their guide and a hands on approach to learning, we aim to cultivate a self-disciplined, self-confident, independent, and academically prepared global citizen who is cognitively, socially, emotionally, and physically aware. Campuses in Shrewsbury, Auburn, and Worcester, Massachusetts
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||181 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,215|
|Tuition Notes||PreK range from $5,300 to $14,850|
|Admissions Director||Elizabeth Leandres|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Program|
Shrewsbury Montessori School is a nonprofit school dedicated to nurturing the academic and wholistic development of children age three through grade six embracing the philosophy and methods of Dr. Maria Montessori.Through observation, teachers design lessons at each child`s level of readiness. The Montessori Method provides time for students to practice and explore concepts, while using thoughtfully created, self-correcting materials.The Montessori Work Cycle as practiced by SMS teachers, promotes the development of focus and concentration, builds deep understanding of concepts providing time for the mastery of basic academic and social skills. A calm and supportive atmosphere in each classroom encourages each student to become an independent, creative, self-disciplined, confident, caring, and academically capable member of society.
- The Children`s House Program Preschool and Kindergarten
- The Lower Elementary Program Grades One, Two, Three
- The Upper Elementary Program Grades Four, Five, Six
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Worcester Grades: PK-8 | 210 students
1220 Main St
Worcester, MA 01603
(508) 752-5609 6.1 PK-8
- Shrewsbury Grades: PK-8 | 130 students
435 South St
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
(508) 845-7000 2.4 PK-8
- Rutland Grades: 2-12 | 139 students
60 Miles Rd.
Rutland, MA 01543
(508) 886-4746 13.7 2-12
- Worcester Grades: PK-8 | 266 students
27 Edward St
Worcester, MA 01605
(508) 753-3210 3.3 PK-8
My child graduated from SMS. Along with her fond memories, she gained a love of learning, organizational, leadership, and time management skills, as well as a solid academic foundation.
- Posted by Parent - Alumni Parent
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.