St John's High School
- Saint John's High School is a Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School.
- A Saint John's Catholic education is rooted in the commitment of the Xaverian Brothers to bring Christ to life in young men.
- For over one hundred years, a religious and lay staff has assisted students in discovering and developing their God-given talents.
- As a college preparatory school, Saint John's fosters the formation of the whole person: spiritual, social, physical, intellectual, creative, and aesthetic.
- At Saint John's, students pursue personal growth in an environment that recognizes a moral dimension of life.
- A challenging academic program encourages love of learning as a stimulus for continued intellectual development.
- Students learn to appreciate the world's beauty while exploring, developing, and expressing their creativity.
- Saint John's is a Christian community, founded upon the idea of the interdependence of individual members.
- In that context, students shape their identities as unique individuals with mutual obligations.
- Respect and appreciation for individual differences and those who comprise the larger community is an important part of the growth process of a Saint John's student.
- In the tradition of the Xaverian Founders, Saint John's High School has been committed to students from a diversity of backgrounds, and affirms its commitment to providing opportunities to families in need, to the marginalized, and the poor.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||893 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Worcester Grades: 6-12 | 609 students
81 Providence Street
Worcester, MA 01604
(508)459-5440 4.2 6-12
- Dorchester Grades: 7-12 | 1539 students
150 William T Morrissey Blvd
Dorchester, MA 02125
(617)474-5010 35 7-12
- Fitchburg Grades: 5-12 | 27 students
171 South St
Fitchburg, MA 01420
(978)343-7635 19.8 5-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.