- Al-Hamra Academy is the first full-time accredited Islamic school in New England.
- Our goal is to raise children with a strong intellectual and moral background.
- We strive to provide an environment that encourages the cognitive, spiritual, moral, emotional, and physical growth of every student.
- We have a well-defined, effective and evolving curriculum that follows the Massachusetts State Frameworks.
- We foster spiritual and moral growth in a progressive Islamic environment - an environment that instills in our students the universal values of love, compassion, peace, tolerance, equality, and justice.
- Our philosophy reflects our commitment to educate our students to become responsible and productive members of society - instilling civic responsibility in students is one of the goals of the Academy.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Islamic School League of America (ISLA)|
American Montessori Society (AMS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||151 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.