Mount St Charles Academy
Mount Saint Charles Academy is a coeducational, Catholic, middle school@-senior high school (grades 6-12) located in Woonsocket, Rhode Island.
Founded by the Brothers of the Sacred Heart in 1924, Mount Saint Charles Academy continues a tradition of educational excellence and holistic formation within a caring and supportive faith community.
We believe that a student learns through his or her experience of the total school environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||505 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Chemistry, AP English Language & Composition, AP English Literature & Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP Music Theory, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP United States History, AP US Government & Politics|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||High School: $13850 Junior High: $12150|
|Admissions Director||Joseph O'Neill|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Campus Ministry, Chess & Games Club, Drama Club, Earth Crew, Foreign Language Club, Math Team, Mock Trial Team, Model Legislature, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Photography Club, Robotics Club, Student Council, Yearbook Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Flag Football, Ski Club
- Mount Saint Charles Academy is a coeducational, Catholic, junior-senior high school located in Woonsocket, Rhode Island. Founded by the Brothers of the Sacred Heart in 1924, Mount Saint Charles Academy continues a tradition of educational excellence and holistic formation within a caring and supportive faith community. We believe that a student learns through his or her experience of the total school environment. As a result of this belief, we begin with the formation of a school community where, through diverse academic, co-curricular, faith development and service experiences, the whole child can be formed.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Woonsocket Grades: PK-8 | 197 students
1210 Mendon Road
Woonsocket, RI 02895
(401) 767-5906 1.2 PK-8
- Woonsocket Grades: 7-12 | 11 students
141 Main St
Woonsocket, RI 02895
(401) 767-5959 10 7-12
- North Providence Grades: 2-12 | 37 students
420 Fruit Hill Ave
North Providence, RI 02911
(401) 353-3900 10.2 2-12
- Warren Grades: 7-12 | 49 students
317 Market St
Warren, RI 02885
(401) 245-7978 21.1 7-12
My three children graduated from Mount in '76 '79 and '83 and I never regretted the sacrifices we made to send them to this special school. I gladly continue to financially support them today. No doubt being a Mountie is special. Continue the good work!
- Posted by Parent - Connie Ruggieri
Best Place in the planet. Come be a Mountie!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Alum
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.