Bethany Christian Academy
Bethany Christian Academy is a recognized Massachusetts Department of Education private school and a member of th Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS).
Located in the small, rural town of Mendon, MA, we provide a traditional education in a Christian environment.
We provide a complete educational program from preschool to 12th grade.
Bethany Christian Academy is sponsored by and affiliated with Bethany Community Church.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 159 students
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Bethany Christian Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Massachusetts for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 28%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Our tuition varies by grade. Please check out our website www.bcama.org for more information.
Total Sports Offered
- MISSION Bethany Christian Academy is a ministry established by the Christian Education Department of Bethany Assembly of God as a service to the families of its community. Our purpose is to provide a well-rounded academic experience in a Godly, Christ-centered environment. We strive for a total balance of growth academically, spiritually, personally, socially, and physically in the whole child. BCA offers education for students from preschool to twelfth grade.
- PHILOSOPHY BCA is committed to providing a developmentally appropriate environment supported by caring, qualified teachers who stimulate and challenge each child. Through a variety of experiences, each child will develop at their own rate: self-discipline, decision making, independent problem-solving and a positive self-image. We achieve this with a balance between creative and structured educational activities. BCA desires to prepare students for success in a world that needs people of integrity.
- ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE BCA students are tested yearly using the TerraNova3 Test. Our students have consistently scored in the higher percentiles. The curriculum and maintained standard of achievement have enabled our students to continue their education at the higher levels through college and university studies.
- ACADEMICS BCA is a recognized Massachusetts Department of Education Private School. We provide a quality educational environment with a traditional phonics based approach to reading. For a complete list of courses offered, please see our website. In addition to core subjects, BCA offers the following: Industrial Arts, Computer Science, Performing Arts, Athletics, Foreign Language, Business and Media Track Programs and College Prep. All students are required to attend age-appropriate weekly chapel classes.
- ATHLETICS BCA is a member of the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA) and the Worcester County Athletic Conference. We proudly offer opportunity for male and female competitive sports to students in grades 6-12. BCA provides a Christian environment to explore competitive sports in a healthy, fun program. Our teams compete with private and public schools. Our varsity teams have participated in district level competition in Massachusetts. BCA offers volleyball, and all levels of competitive basketball.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does Bethany Christian Academy offer?
Bethany Christian Academy offers 2 interscholastic sports: Basketball and Volleyball.
When is the application deadline for Bethany Christian Academy?
The application deadline for Bethany Christian Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
BCA is an amazing family to be apart of. I have attended BCA my whole life, and throughout my entire schooling thus far I have had teachers that were concerned about my spiritual walk, my emotional state, and my academics; in that order. The people here are wonderful and the admins and principles are God-led in everything they do. Classes are discussion based, and that shows on our SAT scores. Almost everyone I know has score well above the national and state average and I truly believe we are well prepared for college and the workforce as we are taught real life skills everyday. Communication and writing is highly valued, as well as artistic expression and critical thinking. Over my 14 years at Bethany I have been loved and cherished, and I cannot recommend this school more.
Bethany Christian Academy is an absolutely wonderful place to send your children. My children have been attending BCA for 3 years and I couldn’t be more pleased with the lessons they learn, not only on an academic level, but within their moral and value foundation. The teachers, who are outstanding, work with parents in tandem to ensure each child is receiving individual attention and learning at a pace that works for them. My son had difficulty picking up reading and the school offered additional tutoring after school to get him on the right path. Looking at his state test scoring really blew me away, though. He scored over the 90 percentile in most subjects when comparing against other students in the state. That was really telling. The best part is the communication they keep with parents. I also love the fact that the school goes from Pre-school to 12th grade and they offer after before and after school care that is exactly in line with what working parents need at a very affordable price. BCA has been a Godsend to my family and I would recommend this school to any parent who is looking for the best education possible for their children.
Endorse Bethany Christian Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.