Top Rhode Island Religiously Affiliated Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 62 top religiously affiliated private schools in Rhode Island (33% of all schools), serving 14,618 students.
Jewish Community Day School of Rhode Island Photo - At the Jewish Community Day School of RI, our students are active! This means that we're often taking our learning outside and hopping on our bus for a field trip. We see the world beyond our school walls as part of our classroom.
Bishop Hendricken High School Photo - All science labs are hands-on. Students also have opportunities outside the classroom to participate in Science Olympiad, the nationally-recognized Academic Decathlon program, and other academic competitions.
The Prout School Photo - The Prout School is a Catholic coeducational college-preparatory school educating students in southern Rhode Island for more than 50 years.
Top Rhode Island Private Schools by Religious Affiliation (2020)
- Religious Affiliation# Schools# Students% Minority
- 1 Schools70 Students62.50% Minority
- 2 Schools183 Students12.50% Minority
- 5 Schools484 Students19.73% Minority
- 1 Schools370 Students15.85% Minority
- 2 Schools1,115 Students12.56% Minority
- 1 Schools123 Students54.33% Minority
- 3 Schools289 Students1.61% Minority
- 1 Schools20 Students16.67% Minority
- 45 Schools11,905 Students17.43% Minority
- 1 Schools59 Students95.74% Minority
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.